• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I have cream corduroy trousers on order! Kindly asked for them to sit 2” lower... I just can’t wear size 37” rise height when I’m just 180cm...

About shoes... do you think they fit more like loake/trickers or meermin/carmina/tlb?

ant922599

Reaction score
Thanks @Kangnamstyles

And ditto @saurabh - I think I'm about 0.5 size smaller than you generally, so do you generally go 8.5 on those Yeossal lasts?

Keen for a pair of the Thomsons like yours, maybe a Dempsey, maybe a Halifax, maybe a ....... you get the idea.

Yeossal seems like a really great option for wardrobe/rotation filling and the MTO is very flexible.

Only currently have one outstanding MTO in progress (G&G) and they should be ready around Christmas ?

monkey66

Reaction score
Both are on YC3 last.

Loafers look great but too bad they don’t fit you well. yes that’s me who got 5 mm reduction in the instep as I believe the Yeossal shoes have a higher instep than English/Spanish makers. My both pairs are also on YC3 last but E width and that works out for me.

I think this might be a good observation. I am tts for many shoes but my Yeosal YSQ are a bit high in the instep, just ok but may be an issue as they stretch. 5mm less would have been perfect.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Kangnamstyles

And ditto @saurabh - I think I'm about 0.5 size smaller than you generally, so do you generally go 8.5 on those Yeossal lasts?

Keen for a pair of the Thomsons like yours, maybe a Dempsey, maybe a Halifax, maybe a ....... you get the idea.

Yeossal seems like a really great option for wardrobe/rotation filling and the MTO is very flexible.

Only currently have one outstanding MTO in progress (G&G) and they should be ready around Christmas ?
I took 8 E UK on Yeossal YC3 last and in G&G/EG I take 8.5 E UK size. For loafers I have sized down sometimes to 8UK as well in G&G/EG.
Loafers are very tricky to fit in general for me so I have realized it’s best to first try the RTW shoe.
Yes i think Yeossal shoes are fantastic, really good value and that’s why I have 2 more MTO’s pending with them.

Evacipator

Reaction score
I also got the Minden in an F fit, and also found the sizing slightly too large. The fit was good at the ball of the foot but there was a fair bit of heel slippage. I've mostly fixed it with a simple $2 slim foam insole from a supermarket, but there is still some slippage at the heel, and I've talked to them about making the heel itself a bit narrower for future commissions. I don't think I would want to have gone down a full half-size though. My next pair will be oxfords though, so will also be more forgiving.

svf

Reaction score
I have cream corduroy trousers on order! Kindly asked for them to sit 2” lower... I just can’t wear size 37” rise height when I’m just 180cm...

About shoes... do you think they fit more like loake/trickers or meermin/carmina/tlb?

I just got 2 pairs of corduroy's last week, Plum in 12 wale & Caramel in 10 wale. Both are awesome, although I misjudged my waist and had to have a tailor let them out an inch. The rise doesn't seem to be an issue, and I'm a bit shorter than you (172 cm), but the beauty of MTO is you can get just what you want. Enjoy!

monkey66

Reaction score
I just got 2 pairs of corduroy's last week, Plum in 12 wale & Caramel in 10 wale. Both are awesome, although I misjudged my waist and had to have a tailor let them out an inch. The rise doesn't seem to be an issue, and I'm a bit shorter than you (172 cm), but the beauty of MTO is you can get just what you want. Enjoy!
I bought 2 pairs of flannel trousers but have returned them as the tts waist was not 37" as ordered, but measured 35.5" to 36". Yeosals first response was to say I had measured wrong but after I pinned a tape measure to the inside circumference they accepted the return.

The trousers are beautifully made and I really didn't want my local tailor messing with brand new mto items.

The raise is high and could be a bit lower for me. Once sorted I will be
20201104_163010.jpg
ordering more having seen the excellent quality/price ratio.

svf

Reaction score
I bought 2 pairs of flannel trousers but have returned them as the tts waist was not 37" as ordered, but measured 35.5" to 36". Yeosals first response was to say I had measured wrong but after I pinned a tape measure to the inside circumference they accepted the return.

The trousers are beautifully made and I really didn't want my local tailor messing with brand new mto items.

The raise is high and could be a bit lower for me. Once sorted I will be View attachment 1498042 ordering more having seen the excellent quality/price ratio.

Yeah, the fault was mine. I was in between sizes and let vanity push me down. Won't make that mistake twice! Fortunately, I have a local tailor that I've used for years and trust him to tell me what can and cannot be fixed, so it all turned out fine. It's not quite cold enough for the heavier wale, but the caramel is really an amazing color. Looking forward to wearing the plum tomorrow (next time going in for work).

JIMIG

Reaction score
Hi guys. Does anyone know there is enough fabric to lengthen the sleeves of a (flannel/linen) safari a couple of cm at an alteration tailor if they come out too short? Thanks!

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Hi guys. Does anyone know there is enough fabric to lengthen the sleeves of a (flannel/linen) safari a couple of cm at an alteration tailor if they come out too short? Thanks!
I'd send them a message on insta. I left my order half inch longer than my sport coats just in case I need to shorter or want to roll the sleeves.

Evacipator

Reaction score

Looking at mine, I would think not. There is a shirt style button cuff, which doesn't look capable of containing enough excess, and there isn't excess at the shoulder. You'd probably be better off starting longer with the aim of shortening if it is too long - but always best to talk to them about it too.

ZaneLim

Reaction score

Just reaffirming what @Evacipator said, I have their safari jacket and unfortunately you can't extend/lengthen the sleeves as it's a shirt cuff. If your tailor is good, he could shorten it by 0.5" but not ideal. If you are unsure of your sleeve length, I think getting it slightly longer is always a safer bet than going shorter.

As a side note, I recently got their knitwear and am very impressed with them. It's great for this WFH environment that most of us are experiencing.

Their new green donegal fabric is also a F/W favorite atm - great visual texture and drapes really well.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Yeossal do anything special around/on Black Friday?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads