• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who do you absolutely trust?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Absolutely trust?

No one including myself.

I considered saying this, but I do trust myself. I am imperfect, but even then I know enough to manage around my imperfections. Most of the time.

BTW: if Power of Atty is an indicator of trust - Mrs. Thomas and I have POA over each other, and living wills. She also talked me into getting a DNR which seems kinda premature since I'm a hale and hearty 40 years young, but whatever. I do wish her cooking would get better, it tastes like drain cleaner.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I considered saying this, but I do trust myself. I am imperfect, but even then I know enough to manage around my imperfections. Most of the time.

BTW: if Power of Atty is an indicator of trust - Mrs. Thomas and I have POA over each other, and living wills. She also talked me into getting a DNR which seems kinda premature since I'm a hale and hearty 40 years young, but whatever. I do wish her cooking would get better, it tastes like drain cleaner.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

The only person I can truly trust is my one and only brother.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
When my father gave me power of attorney, I stood go gain far more than might he.

I might add that my father shoots straight with me even when it is not to his advantage ... even if it might seriously disadvantage him. That builds trust.

That's great. I have 0 relationship with my father. Strangely, we never had a falling out but we just never really had a connection so we don't speak.

lol8[1].gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Using Douglas' definition, I'd say MrsG, brother, mom, best friend, and second-best friend.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Certainly not my mother. She has betrayed and cheated me many times when I was a child and teen. I trust my wife and that is about in the "absolutely" camp.

I'm sympathetic to this. It reads like something I could have written about my father.

laugh.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
The only person I can truly trust is my one and only brother.

reading that made me happy.

Costanza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Certainly not my mother. She has betrayed and cheated me many times when I was a child and teen. I trust my wife and that is about in the "absolutely" camp.

+1, with sadness that long ago has worn down to resignation.

Some others have commented that one shouldn't trust anyone who is mistrustful all the time, but I think this is a platitude that comes from never knowing anyone who has been profoundly betrayed when young. I have a long-time friend who was sexually abused as a kid by a teacher, and he makes me look positively Pollyanna.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother and father and sister, although they are fallible. I would likely trust my mentor without any concern. I have one business partner who I trust in business to give me the right advice and tell me in advance if he's about to screw me over.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well all you seem like trustworthy fellows.

I trust trustworty fellows.

Therefore I trust all of you.

*except for Crane's.

for me;

sister
brother x3
father
mother
bf #1 (best friend)
cousin #1
pastor
some church members

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
wife, parents, brother in law, (but not my own brother nor my parents in law. brother is very conditional and parents in law while their intent is pure, they are VERY mistake prone)

This is an important point. I trust my parents and my sister in that I believe they would do what they think is in my best interest; don't necessarily think that I would agree in all cases.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
Well all you seem like trustworthy fellows. I trust trustworty fellows. Therefore I trust all of you. *except for Crane's.
LOL! Absolute is a strong word much like hate is too. I trust a handful of people for the most part but I'm also aware that everyone is fallible hence my answer to the OP. When it all boils down to it you would be a fool to put absolute trust in anyone including yourself.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
LOL! Absolute is a strong word much like hate is too. I trust a handful of people for the most part but I'm also aware that everyone is fallible hence my answer to the OP. When it all boils down to it you would be a fool to put absolute trust in anyone including yourself.

I wish I could show you what I'm thinking instead of having to type this **** out. it would blow your mind away. put your forehead on the screen to experience maximum frontal lobe stimulation.

basically, you can only trust people up to certain point, and that's fine because you realize that maybe you too can only be trusted to a certain point.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish I could show you what I'm thinking instead of having to type this **** out. it would blow your mind away. put your forehead on the screen to experience maximum frontal lobe stimulation.
You could always work on your writing & vocabulary skills in order that you might better articulate what you wish to say.

basically, you can only trust people up to certain point, and that's fine because you realize that maybe you too can only be trusted to a certain point.
I always trust myself ... even when I'm doing something untrustworthy.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
My twin brother and my wife. I do not trust my dog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads