1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you absolutely trust?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CouttsClient, Jun 27, 2011.

1. blahman

blahman Senior member

To be completely honest, I feel that when it comes to the issue of trust, you will get completely screwed over if you trust too many people too often - that's what being gullible is and you will get taken advantage of. On the other hand, if you trust too little, you'll just end up a loner and paranoia follows you everywhere - trust and respect go together and are usually mutual with another person and every now and then you need just roll the dice and have some faith in others and it might just pay off. Like everything else, you need to find the right balance - trust the right people, and even with the right people you have to pick what aspects of them to trust.

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I found it painful to read others say their mother, because I couldn't rely upon mine.

Fortunately I do have people in my life I can trust - my wife, my brother my son.

3. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I trust no one absolutely.

I agree. But i do trust my 18 month old niece even though she snitches me out when I give her chewing gum[​IMG]

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

My dog he is always there for me. And he listens to what I say and does what he is told, unlike my teenage son!

5. RWK

RWK Member

The parents and a friend. It's sad how more vulnerable you become the more you want to trust.

6. mainy

mainy Senior member

Interesting thread. At this point, my parents, my siblings, and one of my male friends. It used to be two of my friends, but one of them has taken a dip towards substance abuse, and people reliant on drugs or booze will always sell you out for them. I have been stabbed in the back by female friends too many times to ever trust one of them in the way I trust another male. Not at this point in my life, at least

7. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

It's hard to say. It's not really one thing, but a long history of showing yourself to be trustworthy. My business partner is a guy I've known since college and I've watched him be honest, often when it would be a lot easier not to be.

One thing I would say is that if you meet someone who is mistrustful all of the time, they are probably not trustworthy.

I trust shay maria...

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

My original response was, "With what?" I have family that I trust immensely but there are certain situations in that I'd trust my closest friends over them and vice-versa. That isn't to say that one group is more trustworthy than another, it's just apples and oranges.

With my family, it's the product of being raised with safe and strong support. With my closest friends, it's years of mutually having done stupid shit that could fill a blackmail bank but forgetting about it the next day. Also, I realize that a common thread with these friends is that there is no favor tally; no matter what the next one is, big or small, either person is eager to do it. That's priceless to me.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I trust people to act as they usually do.

10. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Littlefinger. duh.

12. Mr Pelican Pants

Mr Pelican Pants Well-Known Member

My Dad, my little sister, and (strange to relate) the woman in the office next to mine.

13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

15. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

While there are quite a few people in my life that I have tremendous trust in, there is only one person in my life I give absolute trust to... More than a bail me out of jail friend, a help me chop up this body friend.

There is absolutely no question he could ask, that he wouldn't have a full disclosure answer to. He is the only person who as a full keyset to my house (including garage which not joking is a steel security door with fingerprint scanner)... and vice versa, there is nothing he could ask from me that I would say no to due to trust.

16. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

My wife and my older sister and they're not the same person...