Who do you absolutely trust?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CouttsClient, Jun 27, 2011.

1. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    A friend asked me this yesterday and I answered that the only person I absolutely trust is my mother. In business, I trust people to be skillful and knowledgeable but not much beyond that. Lovers and friends usually mean well but the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Is there someone you've come to trust completely? What sealed it and made you believe you could trust them?

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

It's hard to say. It's not really one thing, but a long history of showing yourself to be trustworthy. My business partner is a guy I've known since college and I've watched him be honest, often when it would be a lot easier not to be.

One thing I would say is that if you meet someone who is mistrustful all of the time, they are probably not trustworthy.

3. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

My best friend Tobias. He has been there for me through all the good and all the bad. I trust him more than anybody or anything. He is the best and truest friend a person could ever possibly have. I am blessed.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

my wife and parents. some of my siblings. some of my friends

its hard to say what exactly sealed it. i guess knowing them long enough and an established trust that has never been breached.

5. otc

otc Senior member

absolutely...probably just my parents although I am not sure I would want to put the most serious of things upon them. I would probably find someone more like a friend or lover who I might not trust absolutely but that I feel I could trust with that particular issue.

I've had pretty good luck with girls I have been in serious relationships with...but I can't give it the absolute moniker. Their own self interest is going to be involved and of course there are issues that might involve them--but they are probably the closest if I need to tell someone something or rely on someone to come through for me. Friends seem to have a way of leaking information to each other or to their significant others...its not malicious but its somewhat expected (unless it was something crazy enough to shock them into keeping their mouth shut in all circumstances...like that time with the dead pizza guy in the trunk...)

6. phreak

phreak Senior member

My parents (five years ago my father would not have been included), father's parents, brother, sister, several friends, and one of my college professors. If it's possible to have degrees of 'absolute trust' my mother would def be first. Also several 'fringe' friends who have never given me a reason to not trust them but just haven't been in tough situations.

Everyone named has shown a willingness to have blind faith in whatever situation was present and are in general kind/decent people. Every relationship has been different. One friend I have played soccer with since we were 10 so we've gained a trust through that. Many weekends traveling together, with gfs (shared hotel room etc), to various tournaments helped.

I grew up with, and still have, an exceptionally tight family which has withstood some relatively difficult times.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Anyone with a 3000+ post count on SF

8. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    Anyone with less than a 3000+ post count on SF

[​IMG]

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

I mistrust anyone who made more than 3000 posts. It shows too much vanity. It is often the mark of a cad.

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

My father and a girl i've known for about 10 years. I don't really trust anyone besides them.

11. QBNCGAR

QBNCGAR Well-Known Member

Nobody. Trust but verify.

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

13. habanos

habanos Senior member

After thinking it over i cant really name anyone.

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

No one.

Sad.

My parents, my wife, and my daughter. Implicitly.

Also my friends Jon, Wesley, Robert, and Greg. All have proven time and time again that they're quality men.

15. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

my dog