• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I may call them today. If I do, I will give you all an update on how they plan to handle shipping.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
related note:

is it normal for boots to slip in the heel slightly as your walking?

(my basis for comparison is runners/trainers, that are heavily cushioned and so tight around the ankle they can't slip or slide around.)

Heel slippage is universally bad, but not necessarily permanent. All thick leather soles are stiff straight out of the box, they need a bit of wear to soften up and flex properly. Not saying that's the reason in your case, but it's a pretty common culprit from what I've read/experienced.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
If it persists, you can also buy heel grips to stick in them (you'll want to use a shoehorn to get them on and off if you do this).

Also, I'm not terribly concerned about the strike. As long as I get them, I'm happy.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heel grips are a good idea.

i thought it may be a size problem, but i used extra thick merino wool socks versus Viccel summer socks, and similar slight heel slippage occurred.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
did anyone who ordered them in the black nubuck get them yet? post pics?

also does the bottom of the 399 dollar boot you guys are all ordering say wings and horns on the sole?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
did anyone who ordered them in the black nubuck get them yet? post pics?

also does the bottom of the 399 dollar boot you guys are all ordering say wings and horns on the sole?

No nubucks have been posted. And no they do not say WINGS AND HORNS. They probably just got the Dayton Stamp

altemp

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone got for 275 and they are all shipping out now.

Ordered April 5th and got email today asking for my address again because they lost it. So I guess I will get them by next week.

clark kent

Reaction score
my nubuck pair are already out of customs and canada. i should have them soon enough and will post detailed pics.

pretty sure they do have the wings and horns stamp.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have an email i can contact them with? never got charged...

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
if anyone gets desperate for their boots or needs them ASAP, message me about maybe picking them up and heading to a shipping company in Blaine, WA.

i have a mailbox and package service i use their.

i don't think they will allow you to take their customers boots across the border to mail to us

and post pics of you wearing your pair already

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads