1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

what you need to replace most in your place

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by MrGoodBytes, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

little bit of humility in this post, I need to get a freaking TV. I use to have a pretty decent set that I gave away when my GF moved in because she had a very sweet tv. Well she moved out a year ago. I helped a buddy out by giving him a place for a while while he transitioned careers and enjoyed the benefits of his 60" set.

Well, I've finally had my condo entirely to myself for 2 months but the only TV I have was the one I had hooked up in the garage which was a 9" sony trinitron from the mid 90's (don't get me wrong, its a sweet tv... when its in the garage and not in my living room surrounded by 5' floor speakers).

yup, tv. I am in desperate need of a new tv.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

damm brah....easter is right around the corner and you should be able to get a good deal on one....

i actually just got a 50" right b4 new years. i will look into a new sofa. the one that i have is good, but appr 5 yrs old...

3. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

really freaking need a new couch. my neck is pwning me.

4. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I just got my own place, so most everything I own is pretty darn nice. The one thing I probably need to invest money in the worst, is a new desk.

5. RSS

RSS Senior member

The Rembrandt in my library. At 4.5" wide x 6" tall, it just isn't big enough!

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

The two battered school desks which form part of my 'kitchen', with another one serving as bedside locker.
    [​IMG]

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

The two battered school desks which form part of my 'kitchen', with another one serving as bedside locker. [​IMG]
    The standard school desk and chair as found in state schools all over China. Designed for functionality and not beauty.

8. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

My place is pretty nice except for one thing. My couch in my living room. It's pretty embarrassing actually. I just haven't found the right one yet.

9. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I need a female to clean. Since my last one broke and had to be thrown out, I haven't got round to getting a new one.

10. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

dining chairs

treadmill

more space

11. rocks

rocks Senior member

New faucet for the kitchen sink and some solar motion activated flood lights for the back yard.

12. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

The carpet. The previous owners put in new carpet right before they sold it to us. It looked great for a couple of years, but it's cheap carpet and now, a few years later, it's starting to look pretty bad.

13. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

I need a new closet room. [​IMG] currently using the closet in my room, and an empty room serves as a make shift closet as well. Really need to get that done up right.

14. GanglandDandy

GanglandDandy Senior member

I need a new orthopedic chair and a new monitor to extend my tiny MacBook screen.

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior member

Some of my leather sofa cushions are starting to crack on the sides. However they can be removed so at some point soon I'll take them in to be reupholstered.

When the cat dies I'll replace the sofa completely. Until then, between the occasional throw up and scratch marks, there's no point.

16. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

i need a new desk/chair mine suck.

17. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Not really upgrading anything at the moment as we are going to be moving in a few months, but when we do, the first thing that we're going to need is a new sofa. I have my eye on something but not quite ready to pull the trigger til we're in and I'm sure about sizes.

18. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Beige carpet in the "garage room" (garage renovated to family room by previous owners) and upper floor. We are reluctant to replace it until our "little monsters" (ages 8 and 5) are old enough not to wreck it! [​IMG]

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Need four times the space, need sofa, need to replace wallpaper/trim/floor because my dog has destroyed it. All but the extra space is cheap here, but I am not gonna live in this rental much longer. I actually have to sell off my nice tv, some electronics, etc, when I do my overseas move.

20. forex

forex Senior member

Not really upgrading anything at the moment as we are going to be moving in a few months, but when we do, the first thing that we're going to need is a new sofa. I have my eye on something but not quite ready to pull the trigger til we're in and I'm sure about sizes.

Are you still working on a property you posted the pictures of? How is it coming along?
    Neew to add more attic insulation,second floor carpet and some lighting fixtures. Oh yeah,need to get a new stove too.