• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to Malford of London?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, please send a courier, because I have nothing to do with them.

Hi Nolkan,

Please feel free to keep the items by way of an apology.

If you have lost any money from the refund via currency conversion, please feel free to send a PM or email via the shop and I will reimburse you.

Kind regards

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I said - no, thank you. This is a problem for me because I have nothing to do with them.
Send the courier for your clothes, please.

Hi Nolkan,

No problems at all.

Please contact me via the shop to arrange collection.

Kind regards

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
In the interests of balance, I feel it only fair to provide some feedback on my recent (Black Friday) purchases.

I ordered two shirts and a sports jacket and all three items arrived in the correct colour, size and were well packaged. Whilst I sympathise with those who have not enjoyed such a positive experience, mine could not have been better and I would have no hesitation in recommending Malford of London to family or friends.

I find it somewhat surprising, however, that many SF users feel the need to air their frustrations through the public forums, some even seem to have registered for that sole purpose. It is a shame that satisfied customers, as I am sure there are plenty, are not as vocal in their experiences; as an aside, my PMs were answered within minutes.

As soon as new stock in my size arrives, I shall be making further purchases.

Nolkan

Reaction score
I find it somewhat surprising, however, that many SF users feel the need to air their frustrations through the public forums, some even seem to have registered for that sole purpose.

The answer was in the affiliate thread - because Malford did not reply to e-mail correspondence or via the website form for many days.
If someone does not believe it, then ask Malford.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The answer was in the affiliate thread - because Malford did not reply to e-mail correspondence or via the website form for many days.
If someone does not believe it, then ask Malford.

Hi Nolkan,

We are currently communicating with you through email and are arranging the refund of the money you lost through currency conversion from the refund through PayPal.

Unfortunately it did take us a few days to ascertain the problem with your order but we are now working to fix this with you.

Any other questions relating to this, please can you either PM me here or send an email.

Thank you

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the interests of balance, I feel it only fair to provide some feedback on my recent (Black Friday) purchases.

I ordered two shirts and a sports jacket and all three items arrived in the correct colour, size and were well packaged. Whilst I sympathise with those who have not enjoyed such a positive experience, mine could not have been better and I would have no hesitation in recommending Malford of London to family or friends.

I find it somewhat surprising, however, that many SF users feel the need to air their frustrations through the public forums, some even seem to have registered for that sole purpose. It is a shame that satisfied customers, as I am sure there are plenty, are not as vocal in their experiences; as an aside, my PMs were answered within minutes.

As soon as new stock in my size arrives, I shall be making further purchases.

Hi Steven.

Many thanks for the kind words.

It's worth noting that 2 or 3 new members which commented in that thread, complaining about not receiving an order were not customers at all.

That being said, we obviously had some issues over the black Friday period and are working hard to rectify that.

Last edited:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too have to second what @Steven Cash says.
My experience with Malford is very limited (just one suit), but I got it delivered in a small town in Italy exactly a week after my order.
In a precedent post I told about poor packing, but that just for the sake of a complete report, because the packing didn't affect in any way the integrity of the suit.
Furthermore, they offer really good deals.
While it's of course possible that someone isn't as satisfied as me, my opinion about Malford is very good and, as soon as I manage to spare some money, I by sure will look at their stock.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW, I'll chime in too - As I recall, I originally bought from Malford way back when he was listing on B&S (I believe it was before his ecomm store) and a couple of times since from his store, but only as recently as maybe two years ago. He's always been a gentleman, professional and courteous, and my purchases have always been prompt and perfect. I've never been less than 100% pleased, especially since I'm always getting a great price and on usually hard to find items too.

That said, I'll also say that I've always had a soft-spot for Mal and other early B&S players who managed to actually managed to start and launch a real business from it; he is one of StyleForum's success stories.

I don't mean to diminish anybody else's experience but it looks to me that Mal is doing everything he can to right those situations and I think that's the best one can expect; problem noted, call it a day and move on.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'll chime in too - As I recall, I originally bought from Malford way back when he was listing on B&S (I believe it was before his ecomm store) and a couple of times since from his store, but only as recently as maybe two years ago. He's always been a gentleman, professional and courteous, and my purchases have always been prompt and perfect. I've never been less than 100% pleased, especially since I'm always getting a great price and on usually hard to find items too.

That said, I'll also say that I've always had a soft-spot for Mal and other early B&S players who managed to actually managed to start and launch a real business from it; he is one of StyleForum's success stories.

I don't mean to diminish anybody else's experience but it looks to me that Mal is doing everything he can to right those situations and I think that's the best one can expect; problem noted, call it a day and move on.

Agree. He sold me my first solid navy SC!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I cant tell if some of this ridiculousness is real or troll. Ive known @MalfordOfLondon for over 10 years, one of the most stand up guys in the industry. Everyone makes mistakes, but only the best work to fix them. Undeniably he is and has been doing that, so just move on, shop somewhere else in the future and quit the bitching and childishness for gods sake.

Xeon32

Reaction score
That's...interesting.

Any idea what happened to the official affiliate thread? I'm still waiting for my order to be shipped. I placed an order on 23/11 and was told it would ship on the 24th.

I would like to post an update to my order with Malford: I have received the item in good condition. There was probably a minor delay in shipping the order, but otherwise I can attest that my order has been fulfilled. If what the others remark about Malford being a one-man operation is true, then some delay is only to be expected.

Thank you, Stephen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics