• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
This is exactly how I've been explaining my Lohan crush for the past few years. I know I'm bound to run into her one of these nights and it won't take much to put me in the running. The downside is that, while if I got crabs or gonorrhea it would make the story more funny, if I got herpes I'd be pissed.

the coolest part of this is i can totally see you getting in there with no problem - now the aftermath may not be such a wholesome thing to think about
frown.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter is 3 weeks old today, and she's starting to open her eyes. What does she see?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
can they see when they first open their eyes?

No, infants have very poor depth perception. When they're first born they can only see about 8-10 inches in front of them.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
the coolest part of this is i can totally see you getting in there with no problem - now the aftermath may not be such a wholesome thing to think about
frown.gif

btw baron wanted to compliment you on your fine taste in women, as i just remembered a post you made about jessica gomes from wayyyy back. Seems like she's not too well known outside of her complex shoot, which she looked great in....shame.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
No, infants have very poor depth perception. When they're first born they can only see about 8-10 inches in front of them.

I heard that when babies are just staring into space, they're actually looking at ghosts.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Bored out of my mind waiting for grad school to start in the fall. Getting mono the week school got out and being really out of commission for awhile crushed my chances of finding a part time job for moniez during the summer. Gainesville is dead during the summer and places stop hiring.

Not only that but most my decent friends are away for summer or graduated so the only people i have here are 2 couples that i'm friends with but being 5th wheel or doing nothing all the time gets old. I think i may move to tallahassee for the summer as my friends there said they could get me a part time job delivering or making subs at this place and i have a good amount of people up there. Kinda impractical but whatever.

I need a friend in a cool city to let me live there and find a summer job.

Don't mind me, just bored watching the nba playoffs and venting.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrono, I feel your pain. A good friend of mine just moved back into town today, more to follow later on this week. Thank God.

Last week was like hell, save for the excitement I got from the Lakers' victories and my time at the new job.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm getting sicker and sicker of arkansas everyday. really looking forward to when i can get out of here about 2 yrs from now. but thats a really long time. hopefully i can get a job at a regional airline in a cool city and bachelor it up.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I've just been bored all month. The girl who i had been hanging out with a bunch and hooking up with occasionally (yes, despite popular opinion in the waywt thread i still like girls) moved back to miami for the summer. She was roomates with my roomate's gf and she kept me company on otherwise 5th wheel dates. She was a blast to hang out with, although a bit too crazy to seriously date. She might be up for summer B which would be fun, but she's too immature and self-involved for me to count on anything from her.

When i was in the hospital for a few days 2 weeks ago, all i did was sit an watch food network all day and then nba or nhl playoffs and talk with my 80 year old roomate about them. He was a huge detroit guy since he lived there 50 years. Great guy.

I need to get out of this one horse town though. Another year here is going to test my patience but UF is cheap and convenient for grad school.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love watching Antique Roadshow on PBS. There's something very exciting watching very normal people bringing in an object that urns out to be some wonderful piece of art.

It also amazes me that there are these utterly ugly, mundane objects that end up being "very desirable" items and thus are very expensive due to the market. Some things I see brought in I would never sell, some things I'll see I would sell in a split second.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I've had "Kiss" stuck in my head since last night. Women not girls rule my world.
I've been liking the Tom Jones version lately. Is that sacrelige?
confused.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I need to get out of this one horse town though. Another year here is going to test my patience but UF is cheap and convenient for grad school.
What are you going to grad school for, chrono? IIRC you are a fellow undergrad history major.
bounce2.gif
Random thought: I wanna get out into the real world and make some real money. However, whenever I say this everyone comes back with "No! College is so much better!" Does life just suck on the whole?

chronoaug

Reaction score
I missed the deadline for history grad school so i'm doing this social studies education master's program. It's only 1 year (get the degree summer 09) and i'll be teaching certified and all that jazz if i want to teach high school directly afterwards. The certification carries over to 38 or so states so i can technically move anywhere in the country if i want. I need to decide if after this i want to just teach high school, go get a history master's so i can teach history at community college, get a doctorate in an education field and be able to teach education classes at a university level or do some other non-teaching education job. Or if something interesting comes along, i'd do something completely different
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads