1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fade to Black, May 20, 2008.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

No, infants have very poor depth perception. When they're first born they can only see about 8-10 inches in front of them.

I heard that when babies are just staring into space, they're actually looking at ghosts.

2. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I heard that when babies are just staring into space, they're actually looking at ghosts.

I think the same thing about cats.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Bored out of my mind waiting for grad school to start in the fall. Getting mono the week school got out and being really out of commission for awhile crushed my chances of finding a part time job for moniez during the summer. Gainesville is dead during the summer and places stop hiring.

Not only that but most my decent friends are away for summer or graduated so the only people i have here are 2 couples that i'm friends with but being 5th wheel or doing nothing all the time gets old. I think i may move to tallahassee for the summer as my friends there said they could get me a part time job delivering or making subs at this place and i have a good amount of people up there. Kinda impractical but whatever.

I need a friend in a cool city to let me live there and find a summer job.

Don't mind me, just bored watching the nba playoffs and venting.

4. whacked

whacked Senior member

Chrono, I feel your pain. A good friend of mine just moved back into town today, more to follow later on this week. Thank God.

Last week was like hell, save for the excitement I got from the Lakers' victories and my time at the new job.

5. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

i'm getting sicker and sicker of arkansas everyday. really looking forward to when i can get out of here about 2 yrs from now. but thats a really long time. hopefully i can get a job at a regional airline in a cool city and bachelor it up.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I've just been bored all month. The girl who i had been hanging out with a bunch and hooking up with occasionally (yes, despite popular opinion in the waywt thread i still like girls) moved back to miami for the summer. She was roomates with my roomate's gf and she kept me company on otherwise 5th wheel dates. She was a blast to hang out with, although a bit too crazy to seriously date. She might be up for summer B which would be fun, but she's too immature and self-involved for me to count on anything from her.

When i was in the hospital for a few days 2 weeks ago, all i did was sit an watch food network all day and then nba or nhl playoffs and talk with my 80 year old roomate about them. He was a huge detroit guy since he lived there 50 years. Great guy.

I need to get out of this one horse town though. Another year here is going to test my patience but UF is cheap and convenient for grad school.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I love watching Antique Roadshow on PBS. There's something very exciting watching very normal people bringing in an object that urns out to be some wonderful piece of art.

It also amazes me that there are these utterly ugly, mundane objects that end up being "very desirable" items and thus are very expensive due to the market. Some things I see brought in I would never sell, some things I'll see I would sell in a split second.

8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I've had "Kiss" stuck in my head since last night. Women not girls rule my world.
    I've been liking the Tom Jones version lately. Is that sacrelige? [​IMG]

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I need to get out of this one horse town though. Another year here is going to test my patience but UF is cheap and convenient for grad school.
    What are you going to grad school for, chrono? IIRC you are a fellow undergrad history major. [​IMG] Random thought: I wanna get out into the real world and make some real money. However, whenever I say this everyone comes back with "No! College is so much better!" Does life just suck on the whole?

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I missed the deadline for history grad school so i'm doing this social studies education master's program. It's only 1 year (get the degree summer 09) and i'll be teaching certified and all that jazz if i want to teach high school directly afterwards. The certification carries over to 38 or so states so i can technically move anywhere in the country if i want. I need to decide if after this i want to just teach high school, go get a history master's so i can teach history at community college, get a doctorate in an education field and be able to teach education classes at a university level or do some other non-teaching education job. Or if something interesting comes along, i'd do something completely different [​IMG]

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I'd rather call it the Art of Noise version.

12. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

You're going to have to let me be the judge of that. As long as it's not a youtube video. I don't know if I could watch him perform it AND listen to him sing it at the same time.

I've been thinking about how men with thin lips (or no lips) scare me.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Some canadian sufuer PMd me and told me that he saw me in some canadian fashion blog/website. It was my last controversial pic. It's weird that people would write a blog entry and use a pic without even asking the person. It's kinda creepy that shit like that can happen. The website is pretty lame and pseudo hypebeasty though. http://www.hyrcollective.com/daily-blog/

14. Forkit

Forkit Senior member

Just a thought.

In the UK, we now use metric measurements, although this has only been since the seventies.

So occasionally we can encounter Imperial size loo seats which have a slightly larger internal diameter.

The net result here is that you sink further down towards the pan, thus increasing the risk of splashbacks as well as forcing the cheeks together.

As a result of this inconvenience hampering my very impeccable requirements for a clean 'winker' I have addressed the issue as follows:

I like to spread my arse cheeks across the seat so they're not pushed together, and on more slippery surfaces like hard plastic, or on even older models, bakelite, a slightly moistened finger run around the seat encourages a slight 'seat to skin' traction effect and usually prevents what I like to call 'one cheek slippage', which as we know, can cause wasteful overuse of toilet paper.

One word of warning: Should you attempt the moistened finger approach and opt to wet it with saliva, take care to remember that this is a one shot deal and remoistening can lead to the potential of nasty diseases.

Now, with spread cheeks, you can poo safely in the knowledge that only the exit point needs cleaning thus reducing the need for toilet paper, of which overusage not only annoys others (like the OP) when your cruddy paper won't flush, but also helps the environment by the reduction of unnessary tree felling.

Another tip:

Take all your shits at work. Not only are you saving money on toilet paper, you are also getting paid for it.

Sometimes it's just the little things that make life better.

15. somecallmebj

somecallmebj Senior member

^^^ This needs to be paired up with graphics and made into a poster.

16. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Some canadian sufuer PMd me and told me that he saw me in some canadian fashion blog/website. It was my last controversial pic. It's weird that people would write a blog entry and use a pic without even asking the person. It's kinda creepy that shit like that can happen. The website is pretty lame and pseudo hypebeasty though.

http://www.hyrcollective.com/daily-blog/

That's kind of creepy. Are you going to ask them to take it down?

17. Forkit

Forkit Senior member

^^^ This needs to be paired up with graphics and made into a poster.

I will ask a moderator for an educational diagram.

18. West24

West24 Senior member

That's kind of creepy. Are you going to ask them to take it down?

yea thats actually very dumb of them. i wouldnt expect that from such a big blog. you should go apeshit on them just for the fun of it.

19. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Some canadian sufuer PMd me and told me that he saw me in some canadian fashion blog/website. It was my last controversial pic. It's weird that people would write a blog entry and use a pic without even asking the person. It's kinda creepy that shit like that can happen. The website is pretty lame and pseudo hypebeasty though. http://www.hyrcollective.com/daily-blog/
    The guy who runs that site is a forum member--Ry'on. Profile here: http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=24998

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Some canadian sufuer PMd me and told me that he saw me in some canadian fashion blog/website. It was my last controversial pic. It's weird that people would write a blog entry and use a pic without even asking the person. It's kinda creepy that shit like that can happen. The website is pretty lame and pseudo hypebeasty though.

http://www.hyrcollective.com/daily-blog/

From the article:
    LOL What a tool. [​IMG]