1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fade to Black, May 20, 2008.

1. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

alright i did one of these at Sufu but i'm no longer there so i figured i'd make myself at home with this one here...

this is a thread where you can talk about any subject you want, if you feel like it doesn't warrant a thread of its own as it may be something you just wanted to vent about or some totally random thought that comes to mind and you need a space to let it out, let this be it. Off topic, tangential, and totally politically incorrect banter is welcome!

2. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

The thread on coal-to-oil got me thinking about plutonium 239, but I can't find anyone who wants to talk about it.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I sure would like ice cold beer right now.

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

What up with the Bible?

5. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I just cannot get inspired to write this "issues memo" no matter that the deadline is Thu. Work feels a little blah right now. Its always interesting, but a little blah today.

I'd rather go shopping. But everything I've been thinking of getting is really for the fall/winter rather than the oppressive summer that is about to hit here. I want to buy boots, burgundy monks, and another cardigan, but I need a few nice pair of summer trousers and maybe some sort of summer shoes. In the end, I probably won't get any of the above any time soon.

And I really wish I could find some deals on some vintage cufflinks. Just 'cause I haven't in a while. Maybe this weekend at the antiques shops.

b

6. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Some of the posters on this forum need to focus a little less on making themselves look good via clothing, and focus a little more on looking good by getting off their asses and exercising and eating right. I mean, you can't polish a turd guys.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I wonder how one polishes turds... Kiwi brown?

8. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

9. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

Right now I'm wearing single-wand enchanted Dragon Bone clothing from Sir David Nevillot and Lord Marcus Wainwrighthe, inspired by turn of the 10th century wizardry garb.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Right now I'm wearing single-wand enchanted Dragon Bone clothing from Sir David Nevillot and Lord Marcus Wainwrighthe, inspired by turn of the 10th century wizardry garb.

Is naaaaaate drunk, or did Uncontrol hack his account?

11. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

Psst, I have irrefutable evidance that all clothing we wear is created by the same ancient company, the Hickey Freemasons

12. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

Is naaaaaate drunk, or did Uncontrol hack his account?

No I just figured this thread would be a good place to make bad clothing-related jokes/puns I've thought up recently...

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'm at the moment debating whether I should have stuck with Physics or am I where I belong, poring over tax law. I guess each has its benefits.

14. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I've been thinking about how much I want the people around me to just shut the fuck up.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Do I really want my wife to get pregnant? First of all, she's crazy enough as it is - do I want, then, to put up with her mood swings? Crap, she just called me on the phone - crying and telling me she's having a stressful day:

Here's me: "No, Honey, I'm not pissed at you. How can I be pissed at you when we're only talking about whether or not to have a chicken breast with our salad tonight."

16. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Do I really want my wife to get pregnant? First of all, she's crazy enough as it is - do I want, then, to put up with her mood swings? Crap, she just called me on the phone - crying and telling me she's having a stressful day:

Here's me: "No, Honey, I'm not pissed at you. How can I be pissed at you when we're only talking about whether or not to have a chicken breast with our salad tonight."

I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'm so sorry. [​IMG]
    Ditto. Sometimes I wonder if marriage is worth the pain. [​IMG]

18. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Well MAYBE if you cared about her feelings for once she wouldn't be worried that you were pissed! You never show her any respect and now she doesn't know how to react to anything! GOD you just don't understand how she feels!

[​IMG]

Best of luck.

19. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Thanks guys! We'll get over it, it just happened to be what what going on in my head at that particular time.

I remember an episode on "Scrubs" when Heather Locklear was on there. The attending doctor, whose name I can't remember was talking about this crazy chick and Heather's character said, "What do you mean, "crazy"? Do you mean "all women are crazy" crazy or really do you mean CRAZY?"

20. robin

robin Senior member

I'm astonished that the APC sizing thread is almost 1800 posts long.