Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

don't like that jacket gives the impression your gut is so big it's about to bust open...

2. banis

banis Senior member

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

The curved button band (how do you call that?) doesn't help. And the pose with the arms back.

4. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

It does not normally look like that. I had 2 sweaters on and had my arms back. Not the best idea for a pic.

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

gotta say i'm not crazy about the coat, either, but man you do have some great sweaters. thanks to this thread, i'm steering my wardrobe in that direction away from so many jackets and blazers

6. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

So many layers will do this to a jacket that is less than a size or two big. Without the schveater it would look pretty damned good methinks.

7. acecow

acecow Senior member

Bah, white v-neck, black orphaned jacket, dirty sneakers and jeans. Yes, most of it fit more or less well. Yes, you're a good-looking guy. Yet this is such a douchey outfit, I'm surprised you lowered yourself to this. Every idiot and his dog wears this ensemble, thinking they've dressed up and they look fantastic. Even if this did look good (and it doesn't), I'd never wear it due to the intentional or unintentional sloppiness, the amount of people already doing it, the "cool" factor of this in the eyes of uneducated masses and the inevitable fall of this fashion. This is like the worst kind of pop-music. You're better than this.

The coat may be just a little too big, no? But great look otherwise!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

8. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I have way too many sweaters, but I work in a climate controlled lab, so I wear them all year round. I spend all day in a perfect 20°C plus or minus 1/2°C. It is great in the summer, but gets rough in the cold of winter. I am just lucky the lab is in the South and not in New England with those winters.

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

my reasoning is different. i work in a profession where khakis and a blazer is the uniform. hardly anybody pays any attention to fashion, so hardly anybody notices that my jackets are a little bit better than the penny's tweeds they're wearing. but a sweater is just different enough that it registers.

10. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Willis and Geiger tweed jacket
    Loro Piana fllannel cotton shirt
    RLPL tobacco cord pants
    Edward green loafers.

11. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I know that feeling. Most that work in my lab would not know Walmart quality from anything else. Their idea of nice clothes are True Religion jeans they get off the net for cheap. I try to maintain a more professional look in the lab.

12. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

[​IMG]

Barbour and Uniqlo again, this time with custom Jacks (Purcell)

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

That's Woolrich, right? I hear it's supposed to fit slim. :slayer:

I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to call someone 'douche-y', then write something like this. (And since when does 'educated' mean dressed by internets instead of in relation to peer group? This just...doesn't seem very well thought-out. :( )

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

You can't possibly take it out of context like this. I don't care if something's just being worn by everyone or that it is hip or cool. I wear jeans and sneakers and those pretty much fall into that category. What I care about is that this is a fashion fad that doesn't even look good.

"Educated" means realizing what purpose each article of clothing serves. You don't have to dress like an "old man" to look good, I'll leave that notion to some of the more anally retentive people on this forum. Nobody says you can't wear deep v-neck t-shirts or jeans with jackets. You just have to do it right. In my subjective perception of his outfit he didn't do it right. And usually I like what he posts.

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

meee-yow! That's a navy casual blazer, not an orphaned jacket. It is nothing special- thus the nothing special. That jacket would probably be best paired with a white button-up and some interesting pants, maybe red or pink.