1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I'm not quite sure what that face means. As far as his hair is concerned I've seen his pictures appear elsewhere followed by "lol"s and other not so approving comments. To me it looks a bit try-hard GQish but that seems to be what he's going for...

2. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

I've never thought he's found the right cut for him, but it is always more interesting than the businessman's cut many in MC sport.

It's probably one of the reasons I like gnatty's fits, the fact that he has non-standard hair.

3. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Probably a fair statement. I've come around on the shorter jackets, which one really doesn't see much around Dallas. Maybe my acceptance of a scarves with them will follow.

Good points, all. I realize it's a lightweight scarf. I think my viewpoint on jackets/scarves is very skewed since I live in an area where jackets are necessary for about three months and scarves for one month each year. As warm-natured as I am, I just can't use a scarf as a fashion accessory unless it's serving its function as an extra layer of warmth when it's very cold outside.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  4. sprout

sprout Senior member

I think that James Dean thing would only fly in South Korea, but I am in full agreement that the cropped cut 99% of the posters sport is utterly boring -- and in many cases a deficit. In some lines of work there's no getting away with anything else, but in many cases it seems like, despite a willingness to wear bold threads, the hair is the point of least flexibility. Strange.

5. sprout

sprout Senior member

Not to worry -- we will have you wearing fucshia pants soon enough.

6. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Where'd you get the super tapered chinos?

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Stitchy - burn those shoes. Immediately. They look like they're carrying several diseases.

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

They're +J (answered in another thread).

Plus, how disturbing is it I've (accidentally) memorized aeglus' entire wardrobe? Oh, hello, Uniqlo chambray of past seasons. And might I say how superior you are to their current offerings! :facepalm:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  9. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Is that not referring to the chambray shirt?

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Link? Also if I'm matching GQ at any time it's purely coincidental.
    I think this cut frames my face the best out of everything I've tried and it passes fairly conservative places (like Hyundai Capital's main office) without even a second glance.
    My hair is a bit different from Dean's, but why would his hair not be fine in the USA? It's fairly conservative and usually looks good.
    noobizor is right, they're +J tapered, TTS. My shirt is denim and from a normal collection a couple years back.

11. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

It works best, to my eye, in the images where you are in a club surrounded by a sea of people, wearing your red ToJ.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

George's was longer on the sides.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

a new pair of gray suede adidas from spoo should be arriving today. at which time said diseased shoes will be disposed of with other biohazardous materials.

but the sweater is less slouchy right?

13. AlwaysDressed

AlwaysDressed Senior member

14. aeglus

His hair is dope but mine is about 2-3x longer on top compared to his right now. It touches my lip with no product. I'm sort of tempted to cut my top hair a bunch again just to cut 2 minutes off of my monrnings.

15. MPAVictoria

MPAVictoria Active Member

First rate Alwaysdressed!

16. aeglus

Guess I'll be an asshole and start giving criticism in this thread. I think his shirt doesn't go with the bottom at all and am not sure what it would look great with to be honest. Not liking the color much.

17. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

That shirt is great, Alwaysdressed! May I ask who makes it?

18. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

So, it's unanimous. :lol:

I agree that the shirt is too casual for the more formal pants and shoes. As for the color, that's a tough one; if you wore it with brown cords, it would be too matchy-matchy. I think it would work best as a jacket/shirt worn unbuttoned over something else with jeans.

Also, please have a tailor shorten the sleeves. The rollback isn't working.

19. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Last Warm Day Before the Cold Comes to the South

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. acecow

acecow Senior member

This is your best fit so far! Marvelous! Your legs seem much longer than before and your whole body is perfectly proportional. You should stick to higher rise and shorter sweaters. A+.