• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The WAYWRN threads are not appropriate places for self-promotion. By all means, post photos and discuss your fits. But what you are posting right now is spam. I've added you to my ignore list.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The WAYWRN threads are not appropriate places for self-promotion. By all means, post photos and discuss your fits. But what you are posting right now is spam. I've added you to my ignore list.

Wrong Thread. I meant to post on the other Classic Menswear WAYWRN thread. Comments noted, thank you.

Alan

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bank holiday in Sweden, so I'm alone at the Plaza office.
image.jpeg

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong Thread. I meant to post on the other Classic Menswear WAYWRN thread. Comments noted, thank you.

Alan
I think the point he was making is valid whether you post in the classic or the casual WAYW threads.

Why not just make your own thread? 'The Allan Bee Thread' or something, along with plural pronouns of course, and you can post your videos to your heart's content without interrupting the stablished flow on the WAYW threads.

Jacobs

Reaction score
In years past I thought posting a picture of your outfit was terribly narcissistic and effeminate. Of course, my opinion on the matter has changed, but I don't foresee my opinion on posting a video changing...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Such delicate sensibilities here. Until you click it, it's just a picture. So, if you click and are offended by the video's contents, you have no one but yourself to blame. Scroll, folks. Scroll.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan,

Keep the videos coming.

One query - as you are obviously very fit with large chest and shoulder musculature, have you considered a slightly higher button point, or more precisely a lapel cut that aims to fully envelope you pecs versus cutting across at the mid point, which leads to that slightly bowed chest look? This would bring the lapels together slightly higher on your chest. I know your fits have been discussed ad nauseum, so you can disregard if you like, but just wondering about ways to reduce the bowing that i see in some of your jackets' chest when buttoned

To Those that are Anti Video,

Think of his posts as a picture of his fit with a spoiler. if you click on the spoiler you get more, if you don't, you don't have to. The "more" comes in video format, not still pics. Its truly no different. There are many here that post with commercial interests, some obvious and transparent, others less so. I don't see Alan as being in the commercial. I am guessing he does well enough at his day job that there is not a hidden agenda beyond his passion/hobby. I don't really care either way. The world is moving to video, its really as simple as that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads