• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC SF Meetup: Thursday, October 10

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In all seriousness...I hope that ppl don't feel like they have to come dressed impeccably to SF meetups lest they suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fit critiques. Folks are generally pretty cool and just trying to drink some beer and shoot some ****, no biggie.

There were games of chance? I don't think this was clearly explained in the initial planning stages.

FillW

Reaction score
As a long time SFer it pains me to say this, and no offense meant to anyone who attended...but that had to be the worst-dressed meetup on record (although the heavy rains in the DC area that day are in part culpable). I bet if someone inquired as to why you folks were out on the town and you told them, they wouldnt believe it...I sincerely hope a dressier affair actually results in better dress by attendees! Please don't let DC live up to its reputation as a style black hole...
peepwall[1].gif

Just think if I would've shown up!

lol8[1].gif

I thought the guys looked pretty snazzy. I think a future DC meet-up has potential of being one of the best yet.

Food for thought though: A Baltimore Meet-up would be easier parking and traffic-wise, just saying. The rush hour traffic around DC is horrendous.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Food for thought though: A Baltimore Meet-up would be easier parking and traffic-wise, just saying. The rush hour traffic around DC is horrendous.

True, but there are a lot more SF members in DC than Baltimore. I would consider attending a Baltimore meetup if it was held at a MARC train-accessible location.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC is honestly a better meet up spot. not even a question imo.

blackbowtie

Reaction score

As a long time SFer it pains me to say this, and no offense meant to anyone who attended...but that had to be the worst-dressed meetup on record (although the heavy rains in the DC area that day are in part culpable). I bet if someone inquired as to why you folks were out on the town and you told them, they wouldnt believe it...I sincerely hope a dressier affair actually results in better dress by attendees! Please don't let DC live up to its reputation as a style black hole...:hide:

After writing this, I think you are honour-bound to show up at the next meet up and show us how it's done.

blackbowtie

Reaction score

In all seriousness...I hope that ppl don't feel like they have to come dressed impeccably to SF meetups lest they suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fit critiques. Folks are generally pretty cool and just trying to drink some beer and shoot some ****, no biggie.

This.

Longmorn

Reaction score
After reading unbel's lamenting the lack of black-tie events in DC in Manton's "well dressed" thread, I'm thinking we should have a black-tie (optional) meetup in December, around the holidays. Good idea or not?

Awesome idea - let's make this happen!

Longmorn

Reaction score
As a long time SFer it pains me to say this, and no offense meant to anyone who attended...but that had to be the worst-dressed meetup on record (although the heavy rains in the DC area that day are in part culpable). I bet if someone inquired as to why you folks were out on the town and you told them, they wouldnt believe it...I sincerely hope a dressier affair actually results in better dress by attendees! Please don't let DC live up to its reputation as a style black hole...
peepwall[1].gif

First off, Unbel's stingray shoes elevated the elegance factor by several orders of magnitude. This group needn't make any apologies.

Secondly - what Unbel said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads