• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of Carmel X Ring Jacket Trunk Show

eddiemczee

Reaction score
This will be a SF meetup that will never be forgotten. Free ties courtesy of Khaki's? That's all I'm going to say for now. Big thanks to Jim, Kiyoshi, the Ring Jacket folks, and the rest of the Khaki's folks for putting on a fantastic event.

stevemcgee99

Reaction score
Generous with time, generous with attention, generous with ties...

What a treat to meet the the RING PEOPLE!!! from RING JACKET!!! And to finally meet Jim Ockert and Kiyoshi in person.

The RING JACKET!!! I tried on 'popped' into place like it was cut just for me - and it was an off-the-rack jacket. The shoulder is amazing. And, I think for the first time, the sleeve angle was correct for me.

(who gave them my measurements in advance?)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow. Jim and the Khakis crew have raised the bar for meet-ups. Many thanks to them and Gus for an enjoyable evening. I think I'll wear one of my new ties tomorrow!

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many props to the Khakis crew and Ring crew for an awesome event. Also finally popped my cherry on a SF meetup and it lived the expectations. Heres a crappy pic of the event which I am sure will be far surpassed by Gus and Ian's pictures to follow:

And the 2 swatches I chose for my newest sportcoats :slayer:

books and tweed

Reaction score
One of my favorite meetups so far - the ties definitely did add to the experience. Loving the yellow neat.

Quick question for Ring Jacket - There was one double breasted jacket on the rack nearest the door in a navy nailhead or something similar. It was marked a 50R with no price but I heard it wasn't for sale and might be a future model or something like that - Any more info on which model that might be or if the same fit is currently available on another model?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SF-SF members have too much fun. #jealous

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the party.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I began my day yesterday by selecting fabric for a suit. Khaki's had brought along at least 30-40 books. I ended up with a classic dark navy Loro Piana. I also selected some beautifully made off white corduroys made by Ring Jacket and a pair of pebble grain Edward Greens with a Dianite sole. Ring makes a beautiful pant. They had several, a cord, and some light weight grey dress trousers.

The off white cords are in the lower left of this pic.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some shots of the meetup. It was a lively evening with so much to see, try on, questions, looking at fabric options all while enjoying the hospitality of our hosts.

Jim Ockert, owner of Khaki's and Mr Sasamoto from Ring Jacket

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the beautiful neckwear on display from various makers including Bigi and Drakes.

As we left Jim offered each Styleforum member two ties and a Khaki's hat. THANKS JIM!!!!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, the trunk show continues today.

If you have a chance, get over and see all the jackets, fabrics, suits, pants and accessories today.

I was surprised how many Forum members tried things on and found the fit to be ideal. Ring makes an excellent garment at a very good value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads