SF, San Francisco, Bay Area STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Hosted by SUITSUPPLY Sept 1, 6-8pm

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by GusW, Aug 1, 2016.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

SF, BAY AREA MEETUP – HOSTED BY SUITSUPPLY Sept 1, 6-8PM

Suitsupply will be hosting a Meetup for Styleforum members and their guests on Thursday September 1st from 6-8PM in their new San Francisco location on Maiden Lane (right off of Union Square). Of special interest will be the debut of their all- new Fall collections of suits, jackets and accessories.

Come on out and meet your fellow Styleforum members in person and enjoy an evening with the staff from Suitsupply.

A special priced suit package will be offered.

As always, new members and their guests are encouraged to attend.

Please RSVP at [email protected]

[​IMG]

2. GusW

I had an opportunity to attend the opening of the new Suitsupply store in San Francisco. If you haven't been there yet, I think you will be impressed by the combination of styling, quality fabrics and price. There is no question that they offer tremendous value and a fashionable look. In addition to RTW suits they offer Made to measure suits and jackets. They also have an extensive range of shirts, ties, shoes, trousers and accessories.

I look forward to seeing the new Fall collections.

3. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Will there be as much champagne as there was at the last event?

Either way, I'll be there!

4. marco_rol

marco_rol Senior member

I'm in. See you there! :slayer:

5. GusW

Here is media copy from Suitsupply describing their company and arrival in San Francisco:

Summer 2016— This summer, Suitsupply, the globe-spanning European brand, renowned for its focus on expertly crafted men’s tailoring, will finally arrive in one of America’s great cities. Its first San Francisco location, the 19th Suitsupply store in America, is just the latest effort to bring top-tier tailoring that won’t break the bank to all corners of the world.
    Suitsupply began in Europe in 2000, selling suits with an intense focus on expert tailoring first and foremost, whose uncompromising quality and fit will make them the only suits a man needs in his closet, and have them coming back
    season after season. Since launching in the US in 2011, they have received widespread accolade from the likes of GQ, Esquire, and, many others—and perhaps most notably, a Wall Street Journal blind test that lauded a $600 Suitsupply suit as being indistinguishable from a $3,600 Armani.
    And they’re landing in style, with a sprawling, 5,000 square-foot space in San Francisco’s hottest shopping district. The store is situated on Maiden Lane, a small street nestled away from the tourist-laden streets of Geary and Post—
    and yet, just two blocks away from Union Square—that is home to many historic high-end brands, for discerning shoppers who want a more intimate setting along with their haute couture finds. Inside, customers can expect the full array of Suitsupply’s collection, from lightweight linen-blend fabrics in the summer to tweed three-piece suits in the fall. There’s even an onsite tailor who will perform alterations on their new threads as customers wait. And, they’ll be shopping and sitting alongside a selection of furniture and light fixtures by renowned mid-century designers, which, along with a café expansion coming later this year, will provide a calm and tastefully designed respite from the downtown bustle.
    With this and its many other plans for growth, Suitsupply is bringing a new energy to the tailoring world. "We play around more with our styles," says Suitsupply founder Fokke de Jong. "I guess we don’t take ourselves as seriously as many of our English and Italian colleagues. We don’t really fit in, but we provide a perfect fit, and a pioneering spirit that I think is especially well understood in San Francisco. I know I always feel at home here."

Not surprised to read about the Wall Street Journal blind test results. From what I saw at the opening their suits were indistinguishable in cut and styling from many well known luxury brands. I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you aren't familiar with their apparel.

6. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

In.

@Andy57, carpool?

7. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I'm in. And sure, Jon, carpooling would a a fine plan. Maybe @justinkapur would like a ride one or both way, too. Let's take the details to PM closer to the date.

8. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    What about refreshments?

9. GusW

Yes, there will be bites and drinks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

10. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I'll swing by, though I may more casual, coming from work.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Is it just me, or does the founder have a name similar to mine? Awesome name people of the world, unite!

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Tentatively in. May be traveling.

13. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Cancel trip. Hang out with StyleFriends.

14. comrade

comrade Senior member

I'll be there.

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Will StyleFriends pay mortgage in the absence of a job? If so, I am interested in pursuing this opportunity.