• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath Thursday February 25, 2016

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you can join us @timhortons and @brillopad

It should be a good group.

If you have never been to a San Francisco/Bay Area Meetup, come on out and join us. New members and guests are always welcome. The Mystic Hotel is right across from the Sutter Stockton Garage and just a block and a half away from Union Square. See you in the Burritt Room at 6Pm.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading into SF later today. See you all this evening - 6PM, Mystic Hotel, Second floor Burritt Room.

Cheers!

Gus

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I'm gonna have to bow out. I'll be in the city all weekend and I just can't drag ****** up there tonight as well. Have fun guys, and have a martini for me!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also have a few new folks joining us who aren't on Styleforum. Should be an interesting group

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great seeing everyone tonight!

I really appreciated Kirk's authenticity and overall demeanor. Super approachable and can geek out on fabrics with you no problem.

Got some measurements taken and will have to decide on a swatch, but we all really liked this one:

Two other swatches I liked, and I think this shepherds check might win me over:

Linen:

Note that their default house button config is single button, but you can request any config.

This swatch was a wool-cashmere Carlo Barbera in their new "soft" style (no pads, fully canvassed).

Turnaround time is roughly 8-10 weeks.

The size I have on is a 39R, which fit great up top minus a few tweaks. I'll probably ask him to trim the sleeves, make the cuffs functional, bring up the length a tad and switch to patch everywhere.

I believe you can even slightly tweak the lapel shape.

He had a lot of Fox fabrics and even H Lesser stuff. Regularly works with 6 mills, mostly British. And he will do CMT!

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The soft cut jacket that @sacafotos showed (above) is Kirk's latest prototype. The shoulder and interior finishing work are very impressive. You get a MTM soft jacket using one of the premier mills (Barbera, Fox, etc.) for $900-$1000 depending upon fabric selection.

I'm having him make up one for me in a summer weight linen, 3 patch, 3-2 button for a trip to Europe this Spring. The linen is a blue on blue check in two shades of indigo.

Kirk also had a prototype of a polo shirt with a club collar and unique placket detail which really brings something special to the polo party. You'll want to keep an eye out for this.

Now that Kirk and his family have relocated to Santa Barbara, in addition to his NYC store, he will be making more appearances in the SF and LA areas. He plans to be back in the Bay Area in April.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The soft cut jacket that @sacafotos showed (above) is Kirk's latest prototype. The shoulder and interior finishing work are very impressive. You get a MTM soft jacket using one of the premier mills (Barbera, Fox, etc.) for $900-$1000 depending upon fabric selection.

I'm having him make up one for me in a summer weight linen, 3 patch, 3-2 button for a trip to Europe this Spring. The linen is a blue on blue check in two shades of indigo.

Kirk also had a prototype of a polo shirt with a club collar and unique placket detail which really brings something special to the polo party. You'll want to keep an eye out for this.

Now that Kirk and his family have relocated to Santa Barbara, in addition to his NYC store, he will be making more appearances in the SF and LA areas. He plans to be back in the Bay Area in April.

Are we doing the same jacket? I loved the feel of that model. Super soft and comfortable shoulder. Really just a great fit and I can see it working with jeans, chinos, or even linen trousers.

Can't wait to see the patch pocket design that Kirk was mentioning

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andy, I think you seriously need to reconsider.
nod[1].gif

See you guys tonight!
confused.gif

Well, I'll be in the city all weekend. I guess I'll have to do some shopping...

pwc008

Reaction score
I apologize to all for missing this.

My brother was in town for a wine event and we had dinner. Plus, my wife and I were leaving for a week-end away on the Friday. And, I was at a long meeting mid-day in Mountain View.

I will be sure to catch the next one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads