1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath Thursday February 25, 2016

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Feb 8, 2016.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Time for a Styleforum Meetup! As always everyone is invited. New members and their guests are always welcome.

As a special guest we will have Kirk Miller. I met Kirk Miller of Millar's Oath in NYC last Fall at the Styelforum sponsored Proper Kit Trunk Show. Kirk is the brother of Derrick, and they used to run the shoe brand Barker Black together until Kirk launched this family-branded tailor in lower Manhattan.

Kirk made some trousers for me and is visiting San Francisco where I will be meeting him for a fitting. I thought this would be a good time for a Meetup and I'm sure many of you would enjoy meeting Kirk. He has a very interesting knowledge and background in menswear.

Here is a brief article on Kirk and Miller's Oath by Simon Crompton of Permanent Style : http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2012/06/kirk-miller-millers-oath.html

And, here is a link to the Miller's Oath website where you can see more of their suits, shirts, trousers, jeans and accessories http://www.millersoath.com/

Kirk has been a popular subject for the Sartorialist:

[​IMG]

What: Styleforum Bay Area Meetup - Special Guest Kirk Miller

When: Thursday February 25

Time: 6PM No Host Cocktails

Where: Mystic Hotel (across from Sutter Stockton Garage) in the second floor bar Burritt Room and Tavern

http://www.charliepalmer.com/burritt-room-and-tavern/

UPDATE - Appointments

Kirk will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and will be available for appointments on Thursday afternoon and Friday to show his new collections including a soft constructed shirt jacket, trousers, jeans and other apparel.

If you wish to schedule an appointment with Kirk you can call their NYC store at 212-219-9965 or email him at kirk@millersoath.com

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Can't make it, but I'll see some of you next week.

3. GusW

Here are detail shots of some of their trousers. Note the higher rise and side tabs in Kirk's photo (above) showing the house fit. I had mine made with a single pleat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. GusW

And here are a few accessory shots. Note their signature rounded collar.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. troika

troika Senior member

Yes I am in

1 person likes this.
  6. marco_rol

marco_rol Senior member

I'm in as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I don't see why not. In!

1 person likes this.
  8. GusW

Kirk, Derrick and a fan outside of their NYC location.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  9. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I am pretty sure I can arrange to be in the city that evening!

1 person likes this.
  10. GusW

Photo of Kirk(from the Wall Street Journal) in front of his NYC store. Come on out and join us on the 24th for a meetup.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. comrade

comrade Senior member

I'l try to make it. I'd really like to.
    Problem is I have events in the City
    2/26, 2/27 and possibly 2/28. I need a chauffeur.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  12. GusW

I just ordered a pair of their jeans with a unique combination of features - Sanforized, higher waist, trim cut, 7.5" cuff opening, super long inseam, made in New York City!, with custom Miller's Oath hardware. They also offer a 35 waist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GusW

UPDATE - Appointments

Kirk will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and will be available for appointments to show his new collections including a soft constructed shirt jacket, trousers, jeans and other apparel.

If you wish to schedule an appointment with Kirk you can call their NYC store at 212-219-9965 or email him at kirk@millersoath.com

14. GusW

Please note that the San Francisco Meetup has been moved from Wednesday to Thursday the 25th.

No Host Cocktails at 6PM

Mystic Hotel (across from the Sutter Stockton Garage)
    Burritt Room + Tavern (Second Floor)

New members and guest are always welcome

[​IMG]

15. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

i would love to check out his goods. Do you need to make an appointment or is he going to have a place set up to show his pieces?

16. GusW

I have a 5pm appointment with Kirk to have some pants that he made for me altered and to pick up some jeans. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you wanted to come up and see what he has to show. Otherwise, call or email him about an appointment.

I don't know everything that he is bringing. He did say that he had a number of brand new things to show that were a little less structured including a shirt/jacket, trousers and jeans. I would expect that he would have some jackets but I don't know about RTW shirts and accessories, you would have to contact him and ask.

17. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I remember trying on Miller's Oath's sport coats when BG carried the brand. They were very stiff and structured. The shirts were very trim and had these extreme cutaway collars. It was certainly a very specific look/style. Actually, had not seen or heard of the brand since BG stopped carrying the the label a few years ago.

18. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Sounds good. I'll contact him and see what's going on. Probably stop by right after work. Thanks for organizing it Gus!

1 person likes this.
  19. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Burritt Room is a fantastic spot: brick, dark furniture, piano...very noir and not pretentious at all. One of the top hotel bars in SF. Superb cocktails. Great choice, Gus.

Hope to see everyone there!

2 people like this.
  20. GusW

Thanks @sacafotos for confirming Burritt Room. I haven't been there in a while but I recall it also has an excellent bar menu in case anyone wants to stick around for dinner.