• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WASHINGTON, DC SF MEETUP: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, THE OBSERVATORY

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
The next Washington, DC meetup will be Thursday, October 30, at The Observatory Rooftop at the Graham Hotel in Georgetown (1075 Thomas Jefferson St NW). By now, you know the drill: Go to the roofdeck and look for the well-dressed gents. As usual, the plan is to meet for drinks starting at 6 PM and then dinner at 7:30. While we can settle on the dining location while we are at The Observatory if we wish (roof is not a great place for dinner), I would propose Il Canale, a short walk from the Graham. I could book a reservation on the safe side, then scale up/down as necessary depending on the number of people that show.

Rain site: Recommend Bourbon Lounge at the 4 Seasons, if everyone is ok with that.

Let us know if you can make it for drinks, dinner, or both. Hopefully it will be perfectly nippy, so break out the tweed and flannel. Hope to see you there!

Tagging people I know are in the area since there were a few previously who don't check the forum as often that didn't realize it was going on until after the fact.

Last edited:

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Never mind, I figured it out.

@blackbowtie
@unbelragazzo
@in stitches
@ianGP
@shoreman1782
@Ambulance Chaser
@random-adam
@Joffrey
@DividedWay
@mishon
@amerikajinda
@cptjeff
@rossoz
@Kenneth Cole Haan
@JermynStreet
@FillW
@Cuttingboard

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good times !

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With regret, I'm out. I'm in rehearsals Thursday nights 'til December. Have a good time!

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should be able to make it for at least drinks.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tagging folks who made it out to previous meetups and may not have seen this thread: @Longmorn, @hpreston.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barring an unforeseen work emergency, I am in for drinks and dinner. This October has been unseasonably warm. The weather forecast is calling for mid 60s and no rain -- probably on the temperature border for tweed.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the DC meetup is in three days.

blackbowtie

Reaction score
My army of valets are airing my tweed for this Thursday's meet-up as we speak.

Speaking of tweed, do you guys know that DC's 2014 Tweed Ride is this Sunday?

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have 8-10 cigars in my humidor that are ready for consumption (mostly Honduran and Nicaraguan). Any interest in partaking in a smoke tomorrow night?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads