• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
IMG_20220417_162352166_HDR.jpg
Switched to these 60s Urner black derbies for a sushi dinner.

BAK

Reaction score
Cheap thrift store find - Alden Shell Cordovan 8.5 E. Other heel reads "Tom Austin Biltmore Hotel" - so I think this was a specialty shoe store at one point.
Pretty rough looking at first, but they cleaned up a little with some saddle soap and then some AE shoe cream. One thin coat of Venetian shoe cream and some brushing. Leaving them alone for a few days, but will continue brushing them up. Need to consider whether to take to a cobbler for some hidden eyelet fasteners. Haven't tried them on, but I normally wear 9D, so they may work. Not bad for $7.99? View attachment 1780139 View attachment 1780140 View attachment 1780141 View attachment 1780142 View attachment 1780143 View attachment 1780144
If you're interested there's some history on Tom Austin here. They were a longtime dealer of Alden and Allen Edmonds.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During this Easter weekend our little thread passed through 3,000,000 views, and the world is better for it. Carry on.

Your leadership and inspiring spirit has driven us to make this the community that it is.

hamercha

Reaction score
I was looking for some very thin leather insoles to put in some of my vintage shoes, and recently ordered a pack of these pigskin insoles from Amazon. They are sold in sets of 4 pairs for about $16. I just tested a pair in my 93602s today, and first impressions were good.

I wanted something made from leather that would minimize the feel of the previous owner's footprint without changing the fit, and these checked all the boxes. I like how these are just thin pieces of leather with no added foam or anything like that.

They are trim-to-fit up to EU size 45. Without any trimming they fit well into my 11C Florsheims.
View attachment 1781425 View attachment 1781426 View attachment 1781427
Does it make squeaking sound?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours to go; my bet is $380, anybody else in?
View attachment 1781602

Not my size and, to be frank, as much as I know everyone loves these shoes, the golden harvest is exactly the kind of colour I can never wear...ever.

Like straight up ever.

Honestly, these should sincerely go for like, 800 dollars. There aren't many NWB Golden Harvests around.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Starting off the week with PTBs. L.B. Sheppard signature.

IMG_1643.jpg

Speaking of which, there is a NOS Hanover L.B. Sheppard in shell, size 10B on Poshmark. Available for the low, low price of $800! Link, not my sale.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A vintage pair of shell MacNeils made prior to the most recent last call on this model. JR graffiti soles, toe taps, and grommets give them some life.

20220418_105750.jpg
20220418_105802.jpg

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good estimate. I will play over/under. I say over $380.
Those soles look extra funky, i think the sole leather might be toast and will need replaced. Looks like a humidity/condensation issue over the years of storage.

Uppers and liners do look great though. Might be superficial to the soles and just fine, but the associated side view and shrinkage gives pause.

I'll take those off your hands. :cool:
I will take some pics!

Last edited:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked $380 because that's what I sold a pair of Golden Harvest for a while back. They were in better shape than these though. The corrosion these have on the nails in the soles is a concern for sure. Anybody else got a view on the final price?
C4D07BD9-E24A-4527-912A-CB390C68CFF2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngayogyakarta