• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

turbospartan

Reaction score
Debating between classic and vintage.

Why Classic: that "S" fits me better, bigger neck. Why not? Might be see thru.
Why Vintage: thicker fabric. Why not? Not a fan of the looks and small size of the neck. Also, no more XS and S would be quite baggy on me.

Can anyone who owns both chime in? Thanks.

I don't think the classic shirts are really all that see through, unless you get white (which still isn't *that* thin)

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the neckline on the vintage crew. Pat said they came out a little smaller than expected on the first batch but it still won't work for people with larger necks. I don't get the fit of these type of tees, baggy bodies with small necks.

I Iike the fabric though and wish they made the crew in it. The blend is nice but a white 100% cotton tee is still a classic for a reason.

The crew is solid, I wear the grey one all the time.

We're working on a custom 100% Supima fabric in a weight closer to the tri-blend used on Ben's Shirt that will be used in the classic tee silhouette. Stay tuned.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Debating between classic and vintage.

Why Vintage: thicker fabric. Why not? Not a fan of the looks and small size of the neck. Also, no more XS and S would be quite baggy on me.

They're both great. Prior to us making the Vintage Long Sleeve I wore the original Long Sleeve Crew contastly. The original is softer, drapes more and is slimmer fitting. The Vintage is more substantial, structured and has a more regular fit. Bridging the gap would be the Long Sleeve in Tri-Blend Grey which has a more structured fabric than the 50% Supima/50% Micromodal blend with the slimmer fit of the original Long Sleeve Crew. I'd personally recommend going true to size in either (not sizing down in the Vintage Long Sleeve)

Trung Nguyen

Reaction score
They're both great. Prior to us making the Vintage Long Sleeve I wore the original Long Sleeve Crew contastly. The original is softer, drapes more and is slimmer fitting. The Vintage is more substantial, structured and has a more regular fit. Bridging the gap would be the Long Sleeve in Tri-Blend Grey which has a more structured fabric than the 50% Supima/50% Micromodal blend with the slimmer fit of the original Long Sleeve Crew. I'd personally recommend going true to size in either (not sizing down in the Vintage Long Sleeve)

Thank you for the info. I'm looking into short-sleeve though (just edit that in). Would that change?

Think I'm going to go with classic because of the more "normal neck". Would that one be significantly more see-thru than vintage (esp with many washes over time)?

Debating between classic and vintage *short sleeve white tee*

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I'm looking into short-sleeve though (just edit that in). Would that change?

Think I'm going to go with classic because of the more "normal neck". Would that one be significantly more see-thru than vintage (esp with many washes over time)?

Got it. I mistakenly thought you were talking about long sleeves. I'd say the same thing regarding the short sleeve versions of both. Each are in the same fabric as their long sleeve counterpart and have the same characteristics. As @Timbaland said, the necks on the Vintage Tees in this run aren't as wide as they were in the samples, but they're by no means super tight. On future runs, they will be wider, but I wouldn't let that dissuade you as they've been hugely popular. The original tees do have a slightly wider neck, by 1/4" across (that's an 1/8" on each side), which may seem wider when coupled with a smaller rib (on the original tees). A number of guys including @turbospartan @j023 and @nsubrmnn have both of the styles you're asking about and can possibly better comment.

The original, if you're just comparing the two would be more "see-thru" (although, in my opinion, they're not that see through) as the Vintage is 100% Supima cotton in a thicker yarn than the original making it more substantial. Over time and with washes (drying them on low) all of my original tees have tightened up making them less see through. If you're looking at original tees, I would definitely pick up Ben's Shirt. It's still one of my favorite tees and I wear one constantly. Our web developer (who does sites for Amiri, Kith, Stamped, etc and has clothes from all of them) emailed me after I sent him Ben's Shirt and told me it was his favorite shirt then bought three more.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would you have a rough ETA for that?

I'd say roughly six months on this. We're working on developing a lot of things and expanding into new categories, but this is high on the priority list.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@UNIFORMLA will the vintage black pullover hoodie be in the current silhouette or a new style? Current pullover hoodie is perfection fit wise!

The Washed Black will be in our current Pull Over Hoodie style. We're working on another hoodie silhouette as well which may or may not have that colorway.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Washed Black will be in our current Pull Over Hoodie style. We're working on another hoodie silhouette as well which may or may not have that colorway.
YESSS!!! Sign me up for two

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads