• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's preferred fit of sweatpants? As we continue to develop new products, I thought it could be insightful to check in with you guys.

Specifically:
Do you like a slight drop crotch or do you prefer them to be more fitted in the crotch area?
Do you prefer them skinny, slim, or more relaxed?

Any other information on preference/pet peeves would be helpful as well.
it seems like i’m echoing what others have been saying but i prefer a slim/skinny sweat. The JE escos and rios seem to be my ideal fit. Also, riri front zips and a back zip pocket would go a long way!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 1 Jogger And 1 traditional style would be a great idea for variety, without overloading the production process.

photoryan

Reaction score
Just got my first hoodie in today, and I must say it is a quality, quality piece.
Thanks for paying so much attention to detail and creating such a stellar product. I look forward to trying out the rest of the collection and the new stuff coming in the future.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't managed to eliminate in but I know my JE greys dont stretch much (a few other colours stretch more) but my Reigning Champ ones do a lot. I do like the RC core cut too.

Definitely going to check the Reigning Champs Core Sweats (the ties at the bottom look interesting). Thank you. Echoing what @j023 said, I do think it's the poly in the grey sweats that help them retain their shape better as the two outer most layers have the poly blend in them. Poly being essentially plastic stretches less than cotton.

Crowd sourcing ideas for sweatpants is interesting. I dislike butt sag too but I think there's a very particular way of going about a slight or even obvious drop crotch that can make it look good (yes I believe even a dramatic drop crotch can avoid the illusion of butt sag if that makes any sense). I find drops work best when the material is not prone to creasing, which usually means a thicker fabric (fleece > terry > jersey, in most cases) and also when the sweats are in dark colors. My go-to sweats are black drkshdw ones in the felpa material (super thick fleece, hard wearing) - despite the huge drop they don't look like a mess in the back compared to some thinner pairs in lighter colors I own. The creasing is unavoidable for most cotton fabrics whenever you sit and is amplified the larger the drop...so for any kind of drop sweats I look for thick drapey material as a requisite. Just my 2 cents.

Cuff vs no cuff are both useful in their own way. I think most of us would agree that cuffs in the style of JE escobars and rick prisoners look and function better than cheapo champion ones like these:
champion-elastic-cuff-pants-210969-em004-heather-grey-reverse-weave.jpg

Also as an aside, loving your U neck tees :) Super comfy and perfect for layering under crew neck sweaters without showing.

You bring up a very interesting point with the heavy weight fleece and drop crotch. Personally, I like a slight drop crotch from a style point of view, but understand and echo what a lot of people are saying here with it getting sloppy. I'm going to check out the RO sweats you mentioned and think if we do a style like that that ultimately a heavier weight fleece may be a great option.

Thank you so much for the compliment on the u neck. I'm glad you're loving those!

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just got my first hoodie in today, and I must say it is a quality, quality piece. Thanks for paying so much attention to detail and creating such a stellar product. I look forward to trying out the rest of the collection and the new stuff coming in the future.

Thank you so much! We're so glad that worked out and truly appreciate the support.

wj94

Reaction score
So I've had the hoodies a few weeks now and they have definitely become my go-to for everyday wear along with my JE flash dual zip, but they are very very similar. The crew shirts are also great, extremely comfortable and well-fitted (even better than my JE shirts, IMO). Looking forward to seeing what new stuff comes available.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've had the hoodies a few weeks now and they have definitely become my go-to for everyday wear along with my JE flash dual zip, but they are very very similar. The crew shirts are also great, extremely comfortable and well-fitted (even better than my JE shirts, IMO). Looking forward to seeing what new stuff comes available.

Completely agree!

turbospartan

Reaction score
Sweatpant wants (for me):

- no drop crotch
- slim / tapered leg
- no cuff (it seems like there are no sweatpants out there that are just tapered to a small leg opening, without a cuff)
- at least one pocket with a zipper

npa23

Reaction score
Can we stop asking him to make JE replicas? I understand people want pieces similar as a cheaper alternative, but I'm all for something new & fresh that hasn't been put out. Let Pat & his team do their thing and give us something new instead of an "alternative to the rios or escos".

Idk maybe it's just me, but this thread has now become a "do something JE has discontinued" thread

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we stop asking him to make JE replicas? I understand people want pieces similar as a cheaper alternative, but I'm all for something new & fresh that hasn't been put out. Let Pat & his team do their thing and give us something new instead of an "alternative to the rios or escos".

Idk maybe it's just me, but this thread has now become a "do something JE has discontinued" thread

Fair point. Definitely interested in what they come with.

jm22

Reaction score
Seeking some sizing advice on the sweatshirt...I’m 6’2”, 195lbs, usually fit in a sweatshirt around 43-44 in the chest and 27-28 in length. Thanks in advance

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Seeking some sizing advice on the sweatshirt...I’m 6’2”, 195lbs, usually fit in a sweatshirt around 43-44 in the chest and 27-28 in length. Thanks in advance

Based on everything you listed, I'd say you're either an L or XL depending. I think L would be slimmer if you'd like it to fit like that and XL would be more relaxed. I'm going to send you a DM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads