• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&A

Reaction score

Can someone please suggest a good source for tobacco linen?

Here is a photo of the W Bill tobacco swatches I received a few months ago.

DSC_0485.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I had these lying around:

#2 looks like it would make a nice summer sport coat.

Did you just ring them up and ask them to send swatches to you?

I did this. I asked for what they had in browns and tans. I would caution that the dye lots can be a bit inconsistent. I just received a basted suit with 60135 and it was about 15% lighter than the swatch. It was also a little more red. And didn't quite match the tailor's swatch book either. If possible, I would try to see the actual bolt before buying. As NOBD mentioned, browns are a tough color to get right.

Here's another photo of the same swatches that C&A posted above:

wbilllinen.jpg

Last edited:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer the tone of 60154, but would prefer it to be a shade darker. It has a nice warm tobacco quality to it.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

#2 looks like it would make a nice summer sport coat.

I did this. I asked for what they had in browns and tans. I would caution that the dye lots can be a bit inconsistent. I just received a basted suit with 60135 and it was about 15% lighter than the swatch. It was also a little more red. And didn't quite match the tailor's swatch book either. If possible, I would try to see the actual bolt before buying. As NOBD mentioned, browns are a tough color to get right.

wbilllinen.jpg

13 oz is nice so you will get a bit of weight which will be cooling and rumple rather than crush IMO

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

Have you looked at the Finmeresco book? I love, love, love the suit I have in it and plan to get another. Patrick said they will have an updated book in the fall that will have grays in it. Wish I'd known the last time they came. I'd have waited for that instead of getting the Crispaire. Oh well.

Foolishly, I did not. I think I looked at all the wrong books while I was there. This is one of things I dislike most about Patrick's tours: There's never enough time, or decent light, when looking at fabrics. Does anyone know if Smith's send out swatches--or how to get in touch with them?

emptym

Reaction score
^MP, I don't know how to contact Smiths. But I think the info is here or on another forum. I spent 1.5 hrs on their last trip going through several books.

I had these lying around:

DSC_0486.jpg

Guess they are 10-12 oz. From Ariston. Recent report on them on Cravate's blog:

http://suitorial.blogspot.com/2011/07/napoli-aristona-room-with-view.html

Thank you very much. I like the pattern of #s 3 and 4, but would like it in a different color. Maybe the mysterious, missing #1?

wbilllinen.jpg

Wow. At first I thought they had accidentally switched fabrics on you. The suit looks a lot more like the top swatch than the bottom one. But after going back to C&A's pic (quoted below too), it seems like they didn't. Doesn't look like much of a difference between the two swatches in C&As post. I might have gotten that dark brown if it existed. So sorry it got switched on you somehow, P.
Here is a photo of the W Bill tobacco swatches I received a few months ago.

DSC_0485.jpg

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to contact Ariston and/or how to source fabric from them? I like #2 but would be interested to see if they have anything else in linens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads