• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minnis requires a commercial size minimum order for patterned frescos, if you recall I attempted this project a while back to no avail.

Sorry, I wasn't avare of your project – if it's in the same colours as I proposed I'm obviously game :) What weight would the Minnis fresco be in? Alternatively we could contact Lovat and enquire about a limited edition run, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to do a run for less than 60 meters
eh.gif

Cheers,
SKM

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If my memory serves me correctly, they wanted 1000m minimum for a patterned fresco. Perhaps things have changed, I haven't bothered to check back. Hopefully can get this flannel project off the ground soon.

I take 2 meters - only 499 jacket lengths to go... :D

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The one on the left is a bit more blue, and cooler. I like it, but in an urban winter it will make your oxblood shoes look a lot more red than they're used to appearing.

I would go with whichever one you think will suit your complexion better.

Thanks gents. I'm leaning towards the Harrisons for both the reasons noted above.

Also, I found this pic of Jeremy Hackett's flannel suit made up in the Fox:

12_266_s.jpg

Always helpful to see the fabric made up and now I much prefer the Harrisons.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
not that there is anything wrong with hacket's suit, but a shade lighter is a nicer and more useful color, IMO. It's basically a day suit so no need to go quite that dark. Dark is better on worsteds anyway.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright, we're at 42.5m, though I'd happily take an extra 2.5m to make this happen, so let's say 45m. Now just 15m to go, and we should be able to commission this run.

I personally think a solid brown would make for a great sport coat, especially in the summer. Here's Vox in a brown odd jacket. The color is similar to what I'm shooting for.

Last edited:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, we're at 42.5m, though I'd happily take an extra 2.5m to make this happen, so let's say 45m. Now just 15m to go, and we should be able to commission this run.

I personally think a solid brown would make for a great sport coat, especially in the summer. Here's Vox in a brown odd jacket. The color is similar to what I'm shooting for.

I'm pretty sure this is actually the dark brown Fresco in their standard book just in bright sunlight with perhaps a bit of photo editing. I agree that this color as seen in the photo is quite nice.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is actually the dark brown Fresco in their standard book just in bright sunlight with perhaps a bit of photo editing. I agree that this color as seen in the photo is quite nice.

I think you're right. I assume you mean the 518? In person, it's really dark. Almost close to black. I'd like to get the same color in Vox's photo, but from the outset.

Also, we're at 48.5m now!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't checked with HFW yet, as I'd like to see if we even have enough interest on this board, but I imagine it's the same as what they regularly charge for their Frescos, or what Slewfoot was quoted. I believe that was ~$60 or $70/ meter? Slewfoot can let me know if I'm mistaken.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have the H&S version of the dark brown fresco and I wear it a ton. Light weight enough for spring and all but the hottest days of summer while also good through the end of September!

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for a worsted in a gray-brown color (hard to describe, but those who have seen it will know what I’m talking about). Preferably 10-12oz.

Any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads