• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XFactor

Reaction score
XFactor,

If you e-mail Huddersfield Cloth (I think that the contact e-mail for the cloth offers is mentioned on their Facebook page or website somewhere - it's something like "gcourtnell - at - huddersfield.com", although I could be wrong) and mention the cloth that you are interested in, they will let you know whether it is still available.

Last edited:

velomane

Reaction score
Regarding Huddersfieldcloth.com, Lynne Mears from Bespokemears spoke with them on my behalf. Apparently, they "did work for Dugdales and started their own business." I did have a jacket made from some of their cloth. I am satisfied with it's quality. Pics were posted in the tweed thread on this forum. Furthermore, I did buy some of their sale cloth. It is currently sitting with my tailor to be made into a 2B SB jacket. He seemed satisfied with the quality of the cloth, but that is before having worked with it. I haven't spoken with him since.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just to update people: as of this morning, we have seven members committed to 30m. I'm waiting to hear back from one member about his commitment, so we may be at 35m.

If anyone else would like to join, please PM me. I think a brown Fresco would make for a great summer sport coat or suit, and if we can organize one more run, this might be the last chance to get something that's both unique and highly versatile.

For reference:

Last edited:

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks great. A richer brown than the browns in the Minnis flannel book. I'm looking forward to this - I'm a big fan of brown suits.

I'm pretty happy with the shade, just waiting for a few other samples and then will make a final decision and proceed with collecting subscriber information

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just to update people: as of this morning, we have seven members committed to 30m. I'm waiting to hear back from one member about his commitment, so we may be at 35m.

If anyone else would like to join, please PM me. I think a brown Fresco would make for a great summer sport coat or suit, and if we can organize one more run, this might be the last chance to get something that's both unique and highly versatile.

For reference:

Too brown for a suit IMO, and too plain for a lot of jackets. Had you thought of a subtle glen check/POW in that color?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Slew's brown makes a great suit actually - no such thing as too brown. :D
Just my opinion, of course, on the plain suit. But what a stunning counterpart to a LL tweed it would be in a check. Perfect for the warmest Indian summer.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too brown for a suit IMO, and too plain for a lot of jackets. Had you thought of a subtle glen check/POW in that color?

Slew's brown makes a great suit actually - no such thing as too brown. :D

I think dieworkwear was going for a darker brown with this. Something in between the dark brown fresco and the tobacco fresco (Slewfoot).

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Change in topic: There are a lot of non-LL flannels and others on the Fox site. Has anyone had a close look at the 14oz hopsack or the lighter navy Birdseye jacketing?

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of flannels, I've narrowed my choices for a mid-grey woolen down to 2:

L is Harrison's 14oz, right is Fox's 15oz and the top is the Minnis AFB 14oz for reference.

Any thoughts? There's something a bit...dusty about the Fox.

10565294564_f3d95c8cd8_b.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The one on the left is a bit more blue, and cooler. I like it, but in an urban winter it will make your oxblood shoes look a lot more red than they're used to appearing.

Last edited:

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with whichever one you think will suit your complexion better.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, a while ago I proposed the idea on the LL for a Brisa project, but it didn't get much support, and as it turned out the Brisa quality can only be made in greys and browns. My idea was to do a very dark brown ground (think chocolate or coffee) with a lighter brown glen check (probably the same shade as suggested by Dieworkwear, or maybe a tad lighter). But if my idea could be realised here it would be great… What do you think?

Cheers,
SKM

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd subscribe to a check. I have a suit in the Slew Brown already, but would consider a checked odd jacket (or, dare I say, houndstooth?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads