• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNDERCOVER JUN TAKAHASHI

xeraphim

Reaction score
I wish this thread was just full of people posting links to Undercover size 4/5 stuff for cheap on Y!J

But in any case I would rather have this S/S 16 jacket then the Vetements jacket

wait for AW16 if you're going to go down that route

Mesta

Reaction score
Full look (minus shoes) , from the fw 2013 collec. I love these pieces! still wear them a lot today.

mementomoriarty

Reaction score
I've been doing some reading on Undercover for a writing project and came across a couple choice quotes from Jun that I thought I'd share

‘In my head, there is always something beautiful and something ugly, which are equal. Simple beauty does not interest me. But ugly does not interest me either’

When asked why he covers everything up, Takahashi replied that ‘There was no reason, except to efface all feeling, like a destroyed doll. It was not about bird flu or some deep meaning. It was something aesthetic – I wanted to envelope them…It is not a question of appearances – it is more about a feeling’

sheeshYSL

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what season this is from and what this particular piece is called? I'm also curious to know how much it would go for. It feels like velvet, has stars embossed (debossed?) all throughout, and the lining print is really interesting. Bought it from ZOZOUsed a couple of weeks ago. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

trafficjam

Reaction score

That jacket is somewhere between 03-04AW and 08SS, i'm guessing. I'm basing this on the fact that 08SS was the first season to use the letter numbering scheme, even though you didn't post the tag. I've seen the pattern on the lining before but can't remember where.

Last edited:

sheeshYSL

Reaction score

That jacket is somewhere between 03-04AW and 08SS, i'm guessing. I'm basing this on the fact that 08SS was the first season to use the letter numbering scheme, even though you didn't post the tag. I've seen the pattern on the lining before but can't remember where.
Really appreciate the help! Here are the tags btw if you don't mind figuring out the exact season and for those who are curious. I posted on the UC & UCism FB groups and someone also said it might be from 03AW.

the kidcrash

Reaction score
Usually I'm not really into UC but found a pair of Undercover x Effector 'Gloria' sunnies recently. Usually don't spend much on sunglasses but I felt like getting a nice pair for once. Quality is rock solid though it does throw me that they won't fold completely flat.

mer6

Reaction score
also does anyone have this book? How is it? All womens I presume.

I've got the other two books I've found on/by Jun Takahashi, Gasbook 19 - Undercover & Madsaki and A Magazine 4 - Curated by Jun Takahashi which are pretty interesting as a "collector" (especially the latter), but they're really more like inspiration books. I don't know what I was looking for, but I'm happy to have them. The former was about $40, the latter about $100, both used and in near mint condition, I'd never want to buy them brand new.

The new book that you pictured isn't out yet, but you can preorder it at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or other places for about $40. I have no idea what will be in it either.

Last edited:

trafficjam

Reaction score
Sizing on the seasonal cut-and-sew tees tends to run differently than the standard seasonal printed tees. AW10, for instance, runs a bit larger and SS11 runs a bit smaller. With something like SS14, there are tees that are explicitly oversized, and then the others seem to match the 'standard' ones (not sure what else to call them). Also of note are the out of season one-off mini collections (Madstore, madarchives or whatever) that usually size S-M-L instead of 1-2-3-4-5 and have a different cut.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also does anyone have this book? How is it? All womens I presume.

Ahh so I got the book if anyone is interested. I'd say its pretty good. It gives a fairly comprehensive overview of the brand - sections on womens, mens, collabs, objects/installations - so nearly everything has at least a page from Underman figurines, to gyakusou, to hand-made stuffed dolls made by Anne-Valerie Dupond for the But Beautiful collection. Possibly on the negative side, its pretty light on text - there's a short interview with Jun, brief descriptions of individual collections and some captions, and that's basically it. Mostly just nice pictures (fine with me).

Having recently got the Taschen Comme des Garcons book (not recommended), where all the images and text are reproduced from back issues of I-D (and gives nothing like an Overview of Rei's work), its also nice to see in the UC book there are editorial images pulled from a wide variety of sources, and the interview is at least a new one. Some random things I liked: an old editorial from spring 2001 featuring Tadanobu Asano with Ichi the Killer bleach blonde hair. Also some images/ descriptions of the mid-90s collections I knew little about.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing any stockists? Only ones that stock size 4's.

Saint Alfred
Revive
Idol
SSense
H.Lorenzo
Haven
Ecru
Escalier
Slam Jam
SVMoscow
Maketto
MrP
End

Please let me know if anyone sees the Borremans parkas in the lookbook.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads