• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by -ROY-
I am in need of a new belt. Im looking for something to be used as a day to day belt with jeans. I typically wear really dark denim black, grey, etc. Im a tshirt guy and where pretty much only plain tshirts. Im looking for a versatile belt no more than 150-175 dollars. Any suggestions?

If you Google the Put This On blog, there's a recent post that links to many summer items for cheap. One of them is ribbon belts; at like $15 a pop, you could find many that work well with your jeans and still have money left over for a leather belt.

tastyhills

Reaction score
Ok, first post! Please call out mistakes
smile.gif

I found this jacket on Aero Leather's used/vintage section of their site (sold) and Im looking for something similar. I like the perfecto leather jacket style in non leather material.
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/p...ail.php?id=477
Thoughts/suggestions?

Stalky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by filcol
I'm looking for some slim chinos but I don't know what color :/
I just bought brown desert boots and it would be cood if the color would match.
Maybe just get the classic khaki?

greets

I just got some dark skinny chinos, sort of an olive/green color. I also wear them with my sand coloured desert boots, looks great! I unroll them when I wear the boots though. I roll them when I wear something like boat shoes or vans with them. The dark chinos are really in at the moment, the classic is good though.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by filcol
I'm looking for some slim chinos but I don't know what color :/
I just bought brown desert boots and it would be cood if the color would match.
Maybe just get the classic khaki?

greets
Have you considered J.Crew's Urban Slim Fit Chino's? I've a pair of british khaki ones and they fit pretty slim. They're around $65 and they have a few colors you could choose from, just check online.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dan138zig
If I wear tan shoes, do I also need a tan belt? Or brown would be fine?

Arguably the standard shoe colors are dark brown and black, as are the standard belt colors. You don't have to wear a belt that matches a non-standard shoe color, and in fact such matching probably shouldn't be done. Just don't mix brown and black. With tan shoes, the belt could even be white or an unusual color such as green.

Reaction score
I'm looking for something like this
supreme-champion-warm-up-jacket-0.jpg
cardwelljacket1.jpg
That isn't a buck fitty because of brand-cosigns or because it was imported from Carhartt's European line. If that's market value for a baseball jacket than my b.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Brooks Brothers extra slim fit.

I'm not particularly small framed, I work out a fair bit so I'm bigger up top, will this be ill-fitting?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
I'm not particularly small framed, I work out a fair bit so I'm bigger up top, will this be ill-fitting?

I have a few of their non-iron slim fit (not extra) shirts for work and found them to work well. Maybe you get fans posting in WAYWT best of thread with it, but they fit properly and hold up decently.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up

How big are you? Probably not as big as I am and these have worked well. You have to remember that BBs are cut for fat Americans.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
How big are you? Probably not as big as I am and these have worked well. You have to remember that BBs are cut for fat Americans.

Ah, I'm 5'10, 170, not particularly big but the slim fit throws me off a bit. Jcrew medium's usually fit me quite well, would a medium in BB slim fit similar?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads