• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Vecna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atp
I wonder if anyone is able to help me. I'm about 6ft3 - 6ft4 in height. The problem that I have is in finding T shirts that fit correctly. If I go for a medium they usually come up to short but if I go for a large I'm drowning in the amount material. I'm slim but I wouldn't say I'm overall skinny, my waist is 33".

Has anyone here suffered from the same problem and found somewhere they can get correctly fitting T shirts?

I should also mention that I am from the UK, although I'd have no problem with buying clothes from the US if it meant getting a correct fit.

Thanks.

search is your friend

Michael_A

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atp
I wonder if anyone is able to help me. I'm about 6ft3 - 6ft4 in height. The problem that I have is in finding T shirts that fit correctly. If I go for a medium they usually come up to short but if I go for a large I'm drowning in the amount material. I'm slim but I wouldn't say I'm overall skinny, my waist is 33".

Has anyone here suffered from the same problem and found somewhere they can get correctly fitting T shirts?

I should also mention that I am from the UK, although I'd have no problem with buying clothes from the US if it meant getting a correct fit.

Thanks.

Eddie Bauer has a ton of Medium Tall Ts, 33" long.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a nice detailed and washed chino w. 34 inseam. in the 150 range.
Any suggestions?

so far crate, and left feild have stood out. anything else im missing in this vain?

VitaTimH

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for a pair of black chelsea boots, preferably with a kind of curve or point in the toe area (sorry, I'm not too informed about boots terminology..) basically a more angular, "sharp?" silhouette.

examples:
72302000_z1.jpg

70161000_z1.jpg

example of what I'm not looking for:
image1xxl.jpg

Preferably around the $100 mark. Nothing too fancy like Dior or anything, lol.

Thanks!

LeakyBucket

Reaction score
Hi, im looking for a very slim/ skinny pair of chino's. I need a a 32"-33" waist and a 36" inseam. I am 6' 3" and 175 pounds. I live in Canada and I dont want to spend more than $150. Preferably in a beige.

Vecna

Reaction score
floral shirts, where are good, moderately priced button ups? Epaulet has a couple that I like, but other companies seem to fit like a tent. BB price range.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VLSI
Looking for a unlined navy blazer, probably ~$200 budget. Any recommendations?

So I think I found something: j crew blazer

It is partially lined, but it appears any decent unlined blazer is well beyond my price range and this one seems to be priced fair. It has the more casual look I was seeking. Does anyone have experience with this particular piece?

Would appreciate some recommendations still. The J. Crew one was a little lighter than I thought based on the picture, wanted a real navy, and the fit wasn't quite right for me (either too big or too short sleeves)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a couple pairs of really nice, slimmer, flat front wool pants in black and navy. Any idea how I could casual these up a bit? They seem OK, maybe a little fashuny, for dressy occasions, but look off with my casual wardrobe. Figured you guys could fill me in.

Thanks.

funkygroove

Reaction score
Now that boat shoes have hit market saturation and you can buy sperrys at Journeys what do you guys recommend for non-sneaker summer shoes? Thanks,

-FG

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tommyp
Where's the recommended place for slim fitting shorts at an affordable price right now?

Have your tailor chop down your extra, stained, unwanted, or worst-fitting slim-fit trousers...is one cheap option.

Knisse

Reaction score
Looking for a light "fall"/spring/summer jacket that go with everything, Cords/tight jeans/chinos/shorts etc.

Anyone got any good recommendations? Brand is not that importent, just it fits in that light-just-throw-on and take the bike and off i am category.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads