• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SLeiber32
So I've been lurking sf and sufu for a little over a year now but just recently did I get a decent budget together and am starting to overhaul my wardrobe. It's starting to get pretty cold in Pittsburgh and I need a winter jacket but I'm having a lot of trouble finding something that I like, will be warm enough and is in my budget. It's particularly hard because I don't really know what kind of jacket is going to be the most versatile with my new wardrobe as I haven't really work things like chunky cardigans and OCBDs on a regular basis in the past. Any suggestions on a warm, versatile and affordable (<$250) coat? Oh, and I'm tall and super skinny so nice and slim is a big bonus. Thanks in advance.

J Crew peacoat.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RL is a safe bet - or Iliari for peccary gloves if you're willing to go a little higher

SLeiber32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
J Crew peacoat.

Originally Posted by gdl203
^ Insulated peacoat or duffle coat ?

Sorry guys, should have mentioned that I already have a Sterlingwear peacoat. I actually don't like it all that much but think I would be better served getting a different jacket then maybe upgrading the peacoat later.

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shckr446
hey I am looking to get a new watch. Looking for one with a steel band and under $400. Would be wearing it out on the weekends and also in a casual office. Really like the look of the gand seikos http://www.grand-seiko.com/collectio...e/SBGA011.html or the rolex oyster perpetual. Thinking of this one now http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/Engl...ber=BM7080-54A any recomendations?

For the price, I would prefer a Victorinox or Tissot. How about saving up a little more and getting a Tag Hauer instead?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
drool.gif

johnnyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
For the price, I would prefer a Victorinox or Tissot. How about saving up a little more and getting a Tag Hauer instead?

i think you meant heuer.
:]

imo, the popularity of 'tags' are a result of great marketing, not a result of great watchmaking.
you can do better, unless you meant the grand carrera (now uses the zenith el primero movement, i believe-best in the biz) or the monaco (steve mcqueen!).
these are the only two tags id consider purchasing. the other lines are overpriced.

shckr446, take a look at the seiko monster-amazon has it.
day-date, and automatic. diver watch, so it has that chunky look to it, like a rolex sub/seadweller.

tissot is affordable, and is swiss made; so is esq.
take a look around jomashop, and get a feel for what you like.

also, you might want to consider used watches.
watchuseek & timezone are great resources.

be warned, watches are a whole other world.
expensive hobby, and quite a slippery slope!

gl!

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which color better for jeans? I have a brass buckle and I can't help but think that a silver colored buckle would look better on a pair of jeans.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both are fine ... depends on what you are wearing

this question is like asking should i wear a grey shirt or a white shirt ...

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
both are fine ... depends on what you are wearing

What do you mean? can you give some examples to clarify?

Originally Posted by wahwho11
are you allergice to metal?

no i am not allergic to the metal? are there people out there that are really allergic to such a thing?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
which color better for jeans? I have a brass buckle and I can't help but think that a silver colored buckle would look better on a pair of jeans.

maybe buy a silver buckle then. i dont think there is a "best" color, at least imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads