1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Travel log

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by LARon, Feb 21, 2007.

1. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Thanks fritzl for the clarification. From what I saw, and what I have been led to believe, I surmise that the Austrians were/are a bit more refined than the Hungarians. I'll have to visit there one day, particularly Vienna and Salzburg -- both of which have always been portrayed as beautiful places.

It's my pleasure.

Regarding a refinement between Austrian and Hungarian people. Completely different setups in the mentality(mindset), allthough we are neighbours and share a precious history. Research e.g. Earl Andrassy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyula_Andrássy

Let me know, when you'll visit "my" country. At least, I could be a proper tour guide [​IMG]

2. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

My favorite places are (in estimable descending order): Paris, Florence, New York, San Francisco, Rome, Prague, Buenos Aires, Rio, Chicago, Jamaica, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, D.C., Vancouver, Montreal, Miami, London, Venice, Ixtapa, Amsterdam, Philly and Cleveland. (I've not yet been to Lima or Santiago, but they're on my short list, alongf with Vietnam and Thailand).

Wow, we almost never beat Montreal in these lists.

Great trip LARon. I"ve really enjoyed following this one.

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Ron, after you get back home, settle down a bit, you need to post some of your favorite pictures here, the more the merrier.

4. LARon

LARon Senior member

Wow, we almost never beat Montreal in these lists.

Great trip LARon. I"ve really enjoyed following this one.

Thanks ksm, I'm glad you did; and I've been happy to share.

5. LARon

LARon Senior member

Ron, after you get back home, settle down a bit, you need to post some of your favorite pictures here, the more the merrier.

Definitely will, VR. At times, it almost felt we were traveling together -- you just never showed up on time.

6. LARon

LARon Senior member

It's my pleasure.

Regarding a refinement between Austrian and Hungarian people. Completely different setups in the mentality(mindset), allthough we are neighbours and share a precious history. Research e.g. Earl Andrassy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyula_Andrássy

Let me know, when you'll visit "my" country. At least, I could be a proper tour guide [​IMG]

Will do; thank you for the kind invitation.

7. LARon

LARon Senior member

I've finally uploaded photos from my recent trip, and will gradually post the more interesting images. Today is Amsterdam:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]