• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic37

Reaction score
I admitted which ones were fake, and I apologize for thinking they were real. However, nobody has said anything as to the authenticity of the rest of them...and I wish I could at least be credited that. This place doesn't seem to give a second chance. I made a good faith effort--clearly not all of them are fake. A minority were and I took those off--the real ones remain. I also stated there was a reason we have them, and it was my fault for thinking they too were real. The blue Sub all other posted ones are real.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I like to ask my clients, what's your endgame? We like to chat about watches, admire each other's, argue about obscure minutiae from time to time. Do you want us to say "nice watches"? Even the fakes?

So some random guy waltzes in and posts and bunch of watch pictures, some of which are fake, immediately stating off on the wrong foot. To add insult to injury he then goes on the defensive, before eventually coming clean. Thanks for the entertainment, but forgive us for not exactly setting out the welcome mat.

If you'd like to join the discussion, please feel free. But don't expect people to fall at your feet and worship you because you or your dad have a bunch of nice watches.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It warms my TWAT-old man heart to see some call-outs here. I didn't have to bark "get off my lawn!" this time. Heh.

Also, mimo - SubC + Shake Shack, a good combo.

Gaaah! Stop taunting me!

OK, don't...

Classic37

Reaction score
I just wanted to share. Like everyone else does. Didn't take the fancy instagrammed pictures and what not, clearly not looking for praise. But it seems as if I make a mistake on one then I make a mistake on all. And that isn't fair to me.

I went on the defensive actually thinking they were real. It's my fault for not checking before. But it's also not fair to say they're all fake--which it seems you are doing.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just wanted to share. Like everyone else does. Didn't take the fancy instagrammed pictures and what not, clearly not looking for praise. But it seems as if I make a mistake on one then I make a mistake on all. And that isn't fair to me.

I went on the defensive actually thinking they were real. It's my fault for not checking before. But it's also not fair to say they're all fake--which it seems you are doing.

Here is some advice that people would probably appreciate....

Speak to your father. Ask him where he bought/acquired the watches. Get some info for the members so that there is a story behind the posts/watcehs. Was one watch a gift from his wife? Celebrate a milestone? Etc.

Put some effort and people may welcome you more vs just apologizing.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i need to eventually upgrade and get a watch, ever since the smart phone era i haven't been using watches much. It was only a matter of time until a smart watch came out, not sure if i want one but here is the apple 10k luxury watch. I know its not exactly what this thread talks about but i;d like to discuss and see what you guys think. I would always opt for a classic watch but things are changing and why not get a digital one that (not the 10k one for sure)?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF00AA]Actually, we talked about it a few pages back[/COLOR]. :D

Welcome to the watch thread... a very dangerous place indeed.

Goat *******?

(I jest!)

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my modest collection; request for advice coming next:

FAKE!

There, I was first.

But seriously, nice collection. And preempting your request, please allow me to take the liberty of enabling the following:

- chronograph
- traditional pilot
- diver with rotating bezel

Just in case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance