• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of points:
(1) I don't disagree and would prefer that the watches were cheaper... And they were before Vendome bought, and for a little while before they realized the dramatic supply/demand imbalance for these watches and priced them accordingly
(2) these are tool watches that require (a) rugged, proven and reliable movements and (b) large enough to fill a 44mm case without huge silly spacers. When you think of it, there are very few available ebauches that fit these criteria. On the face of it, Unitas is simply the best solution for this watch, regardless of price. They had from the very first Ltd editions, and for smaller cases, some more inteesting movements (I have a Pam98 with a F. Piguet movement for example) but these are generally not as rugged and reliable as a good old Unitas
I can appreciate the size of the Unitas movement relative to the case size, and that its a very cost effective movement for them to use in their base models. However, I personally would not be happy wearing a watch of that price with a Unitas movement. I like the design of the Panerais, just not many of the movements they choose to put in their watches.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in_stitches - I think the 372 at 47mm is also big for your wrist. The 112 looks great.

Yeah, i think its too big also, but its sooo puurty.

I think if i pull the trigger, 99.9% it will be the 112. I just. Need to see the 176 in person first. If i dont gdl wont be my friend anymore.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see my 118 as a proxy for the metal and dial. It's 10 years old though and pretty beat up...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deal!

But i still want my homage pic, so bring the 112 as well. :D

I just checked the OP again, that 210 REALLY is nice. I think you got it right, there is just no way to have just one panny.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that this is just a take off on what we do here every day, but this is one of the most hilarious threads I've ever seen

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077

Jesus, the absolutely horrifying outfits, watches, the nonstop blowing of each other, the completely over the top, staged, 'let me fit every ounce of materialism I can in this pic'... it's unreal.

johnvw

Reaction score

I get that this is just a take off on what we do here every day, but this is one of the most hilarious threads I've ever seen
Jesus, the absolutely horrifying outfits, watches, the nonstop blowing of each other, the completely over the top, staged, 'let me fit every ounce of materialism I can in this pic'... it's unreal.

Where could they have gotten the idea to do this? :lol:

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had a YG GMT II, my first instinct would not be to slip it on an Ace of Spades bottle like on p.139. Wow.

MOCKBA

Reaction score

You are absolutely right. About a year and a half back I was looking for a simple and classic sport watch and had always liked the Explorer I, but it was just a bit too small. I fell in love with the simplicity of the new 39mm version and browsed that site to get more info - I was sorry I did. I almost did not buy the watch because of the brand name and type of buyer that seems to be associated; see the "show me your Rolex with your car/boat/champagne/etc" threads. Thank goodness my Explorer seems to goes unnoticed by almost everyone.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At least one of them posts in this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads