• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You don't like?

Not a Rolex fan at the best of times, but that is just hideous. Looks like something a wanna be Arab oil sheikh would wear paired up with a purple silk shirt unbuttoned to the waist while frequenting a sleazy Miami night club.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a Rolex fan at the best of times, but that is just hideous. Looks like something a wanna be Arab oil sheikh would wear paired up with a purple silk shirt unbuttoned to the waist while frequenting a sleazy Miami night club.
lol8[1].gif

Well personally I would not even wear gold on my watches (Omega and JLC my babys). But I think that look is really cool on others, who fit it. And on that pic it looks pretty damn awsome to me, but we all have diffrent taste of course :)

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That watch with those cufflinks staged like that looks like a tacky gift for an executive. Real talk.

In other news, I've had a Cartier Ronde Solo sitting in my closet for a week waiting to be given to my mom for her birthday. It's so hard not to open it and look at it. I'm not a huge Cartier fan for men's watches but the finish is really really nice for a woman.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That watch with those cufflinks staged like that looks like a tacky gift for an executive. Real talk.

In other news, I've had a Cartier Ronde Solo sitting in my closet for a week waiting to be given to my mom for her birthday. It's so hard not to open it and look at it. I'm not a huge Cartier fan for men's watches but the finish is really really nice for a woman.
Cartier women watches are absolutely nice great choice, what a good son you are :) She will be very happy!

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cartier women watches are absolutely nice great choice, what a good son you are :) She will be very happy!

It was a joint effort with my dad, I'm not that great of a son!
satisfied.gif
But, yes, I expect her to be thrilled. I am 99% sure that Cartier actually manufactured the (quartz) movement too, which satisfies the WIS in me.

Last edited:

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought might be time to put up a few photos of this old thing:

It's nothing too special, but I like it anyway. The other watches have mainly been dust collectors since it showed up.

Edgein

Reaction score
One of the few Rolex I like, the other of course, Daytona. Esp on bracelet, the strap doesn't work for me.

ThatGuy

Reaction score

One of the few Rolex I like, the other of course, Daytona.  Esp on bracelet, the strap doesn't work for me.

Agreed. It looks horrible on the strap. Especially that really thick Nato leather strap. IMO the only Rolex that looks good on a strap are the DJ in white gold and the Gold Daytonas - simply because the dials make them look different from their steel counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads