1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hampton

Hampton Distinguished Member

Love the daytona and green sub, not a huge fan of the pepsi model. Sleezy asking this, how much did you pay for the sub?

2. jaypee

jaypee Distinguished Member

Was this one from hacko?

3. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Yup .. Bought it as soon as i opened the email lol

4. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

About to go on a little buying spree. I am hoping to get good pre-owned examples of these for 5k; thinking this is a good, versatile start to a collection. Most of these I have wanted for years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Senior Member

If I had to choose one of those three, I'd definitely go for the Longines. Great piece. Second would be the Omega, and third the Rolex.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

6. Hampton

Hampton Distinguished Member

Naa the Omega first man !

7. Macallan

Macallan Senior Member

Would you be looking to keep onto these watches or probably look to sell them latter on? The DateJust(/Air King/Sub) and Speedmaster, along with a (proper) dress watch and possibly a beater-watch, would be watches that someone should keep hold off rather then change (in my opinion).

I prefer the Air King over a DateJust because of the 'cleaner' look, the latter has more demand over the former which leads to the Air King holding its value less. In the 2nd hand market, you can get a better price for the Air King; however, if you will be looking to change the watch latter on, get a DateJust.

8. bigbadbuff

I can see myself selling down the road as funds/interest grow, so that is definitely playing a part.

Air King is 34mm correct? DJ is already small enough on my wrist so I don't want to go smaller.

DJ can be put on a leather strap and become a proper dress watch easily. DJ for dressier occasions, Longines for business casual, Speedmaster casual. If I were to add a 'true' dress watch it would probably be a vintage Constellation.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

9. bigbadbuff

Speedmaster and Datejust are extremely easy to find used- the Longines, not so much. Anyone have good leads on sites that seem to have a decently consistent Longines inventory? I currently peruse TimeZone/Rolex Forums/WatchUSeek.

10. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Distinguished Member

Just get the Omega and a proper dress watch.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think you may have to go with grey market for the Longines. No one in their right mind would sell this watch - it's a keeper ;)

12. Macallan

Macallan Senior Member

36mm (it may be available in 34mm), I do prefer small watches.

Personally I would keep the DateJust on a bracelet and add a proper dress watch when you can.

13. Big T

Big T Senior Member

The Omega would be my choice.

14. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

The Longines is an exceptionally handsome watch. They have done a good job of differentiating themselves from other brands at that price range.

15. Knisse

Knisse Senior Member

Been considering a new watch for a long time, and a good candidate would be this IWC ref 3255

[​IMG]

How much would you say this would cost used but in good condition? - and would you think this would look good with a brown strap?

Also, if anyone owns this watch or a very similar feel free to post a picture of you wearing it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.