• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cylon

Reaction score
That's bad ass. What's on the back?

As far as I know, the usual solid caseback for engraving--which doesnt get my mojo going in the slightest. I don't know about y'all but I don't have a coat of arms or care for my zodiac symbol all that much. I wish they made one with an open caseback!

Here's a slightly off topic dilemma I now confront. My wife wants a Cartier Santos Demoiselle. The bad news is that its quartz. One of the selling features for her is its small delicate size, thus making quartz win this round utterly and completely.

I need to convince her to buy an automatic/manual watch. So suggestions please!!!

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I would humbly suggest the JLC MUT moon 39 or the Glashutte Senator Automatic 2011 version. The "pass down to the next generation" idea sealed the deal for me regarding the JLC.

As for the BP FF...its a nice watch. I think its slightly overpriced. A good looking sport/fun watch is the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece skeleton or the Zenith Striking Tenth :)

Just my two cents.

I've got a MUT right now actually - I think what I want is something similar, but perhaps gold. I've got it narrowed down to some choices (Calatrava, Patrimony, Breguet Classique) but I'm just marinating on it for now. I'm sure one day one of them pop up at the right time and the deal will be sealed. :devil:

Cylon

Reaction score
(Calatrava, Patrimony, Breguet Classique
devil.gif

theres classic...then theres CLASSIC. Dang. The patrimony has my vote!

swb120

Reaction score
My new-to-me Sub (though I'm jealous of that Glashutte Orig. Pano):

rolexsub2.jpg

Last edited:

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

theres classic...then theres CLASSIC. Dang. The patrimony has my vote!
The new Patrimony is probably my favorite modern dress watch right now. Also a huge Breguet 5140 and FP Journe CS fan.
f7269b2f.jpg

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new Patrimony is probably my favorite modern dress watch right now. Also have a huge Breguet 5140 and FP Journe CS fan.
f7269b2f.jpg

Not that I can afford this right now, but this is a freakin beautiful watch. The only thing I would change is to make it just a bit bigger ~ 40mm. It just felt a bit small when I tried it on.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
JonF, is that the 3510? 18mm strap on it?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new Patrimony is probably my favorite modern dress watch right now. Also have a huge Breguet 5140 and FP Journe CS fan.
f7269b2f.jpg

wow. this is gorgeous.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
it is. It has a knurled edge along the back case as well that is interesting to look at, and the lugs are really nice from the side view. I just worry the design is maybe too 3D for being a Vacheron? If you look at old VC's and compare them to these Patrimony Traditionelles, the Patrimonys are bigger height and width, much more sculpted, and the proportion of all the extremities are slightly Appreciation-y. Not nearly IWC Appreciation-y, but still.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My Sinn 356 is all scratched up, 2 years of solid daily use; I didn't really think I'd like the black watches before but I'm interested in getting the 356 restored, acrylic polished, and then everything - bracelet, case, down to the pushers and crown DLC'ed black, keeping the dial as it is. I have the feeling it'd look quite nice, much like a smaller IWC top gun.

What do you guys think? Should I just hold out and wait til the thing stops and do everything then - service, blast bead, crystal polish, DLC? I am just kinda bored I guess. DLC is about $600, correct?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impolyte, i really think the silver suits you and goes with the way you dress. i remember a pic of you in a leather with the sinn poking out, it looked great.

this watch is borrowed, sadly...

t37Ifl.jpg

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
beautiful watch.

I like silver watches too. If I got my Sinn refurbed and black, I'd have an excuse to get a new silver daily watch :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads