• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think about the new Reverso rouge? I'm not sure I could pull it off and would probably stick with the original...

I just saw that also - it's interesting but it'd be too limited for me. Maybe if you had it in a large rotation?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heading out to my AD in a bit. tomorrow is my birthday and I'm thinking about pulling a trigger on a new watch.

Last edited:

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glashutte Senator Automatic?

I wish there was a GO dealer down here :foo: I was looking at the Omega PO 8500, Sub-C, and Panerai 312. I end up bitching out. I wish my AD have a bigger IWC stock. I'll look at the BP, Portguese, and AP Royal Oak 15300 when I head to Houston this weekend.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

heading out to my AD in a bit. tomorrow is my birthday and I'm thinking about pulling a trigger on a new watch.

happy birthday man. What are you thinking of getting? I have 3 days left before I turn 30 and I am itching to get something too, still haven't decided what to get.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think about the new Reverso rouge? I'm not sure I could pull it off and would probably stick with the original...

No, flashy. On the other hand if they made it in midnight blue or a deep chocolate brown... I'm seriously considering the classic black one, though I'm a bit put off by the manual movement.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish there was a GO dealer down here :foo: I was looking at the Omega PO 8500, Sub-C, and Panerai 312. I end up bitching out. I wish my AD have a bigger IWC stock. I'll look at the BP, Portguese, and AP Royal Oak 15300 when I head to Houston this weekend.

so many choices. how are you gonna narrow that list down in one day?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Akeem, it's going be a long day. All I really want to check out is the 312, and 15300.

happy birthday man. What are you thinking of getting? I have 3 days left before I turn 30 and I am itching to get something too, still haven't decided what to get.

thanks man...happy birthday as well! I just flipped my SD. So I'm looking for a new daily wearer (sport watch) I'm just rocking my Seiko Orange Monster.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Sub-C, Omega PO 8500, and BP Fifty Fathom. The other watch I listed is the wildcard right now. I got to test drive the Sub-C and FF for a couple weeks each thanks to my uncle. I must said, the Sub-C is a pretty nice watch. I thought I would hate the new super case. But it was hardly an issue when I was wearing it. I love the Maxi dial, blue lume, and more importantly the fit on the Sub-C is really nice. I use the glidelock quite a bit. I loosen and tighten the bracelet through out the day, It would only take me 5 sec, and it would come in handy during the weird New Orleans summer.

The FF is the better watch all around, but it just didn't fit right on my small wrist. The new PO is insanely nice. If I can rank the attention to details, I would go FF > PO > Sub. But I'll take my time this time around. Might take me another 1-3 months before I make my decision. I'm tired flipping watch.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like the FF too, but way too big for me. I'm in over my head with a 42mm watch. I am thinking of getting a classic dress watch that i can give to a younger generation someday. Too busy to think about watches =(

Cylon

Reaction score
I like the FF too, but way too big for me. I'm in over my head with a 42mm watch. I am thinking of getting a classic dress watch that i can give to a younger generation someday. Too busy to think about watches =(

I would humbly suggest the JLC MUT moon 39 or the Glashutte Senator Automatic 2011 version. The "pass down to the next generation" idea sealed the deal for me regarding the JLC.

As for the BP FF...its a nice watch. I think its slightly overpriced. A good looking sport/fun watch is the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece skeleton or the Zenith Striking Tenth :)

Just my two cents.

WarrenG: if you are looking for a Glashutte AD, I can hook you up with mine. PM me if you want the price he quoted me :)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

On the wrist today

god damn you. i want that watch so badly. never see a used one around.

First, thanks for all the lovely comments from everyone!

Love this moonphase too. I certainly did ogle it when I went to the jeweler.

That's bad ass. What's on the back?

Speaking of new releases, I'd like this:

Or that Senator Automatic which is just gorgeous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads