• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLA1

Reaction score
My new Sinn 556. The crappy camera doesn't do the dial justice. It looks like glossy black liquid. I'm going to try it on a brown leather or burgundy cordovan strap.

Rando078.jpg

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
^wow ... how does one acquire one?

If you are talking about my lum-tec just go to lum-tec.com

You can get any of the watches custom from him. He'll add lume, change the color of it, put on a phantom crystal, etc.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeen
My 104:

dsc0444editedey2.jpg
dsc0434editedko9.jpg
dsc0440editedbi5.jpg
dsc0443editedmk9.jpg
dsc0448editedgy8.jpg
dsc0458editedzh1.jpg
dsc0464editedre8.jpg

You'll notice there are some scuffs in this set - these have now been polished out:

dsc0470hq1.jpg
dsc0471pl9.jpg
dsc0472hu9.jpg
dsc0473zw4.jpg
dsc0489ja6.jpg
dsc0490rc2.jpg
dsc0498rh8.jpg
dsc0531he4.jpg
dsc0553qx9.jpg

looks nice, but it might be more comfortable on your right wrist. doesn't the crown bulge dig into your hand?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ its supposed to be worn on the left, as right-hand wristwatch wearers have the destro series made for them. though I think he's wearing it a bit tad loose there.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
orangemonsterva6.jpg

orangemonster2rs5.jpg

Got it today! Nato strap is temporary, bidded on this watchadoo lumpy bracelet for it:

picture.JPG

beautiful watch!

KBW

Reaction score
There's not a watch in the world with as much contrast as my new phantom m1. It has a completely polished case and 24mm bracelet yet has a phantom (tinted) crystal and black face. I use it to check my teeth after eating
smile.gif
. I know this is a horrible pic but my new camera is in route
m1phantom.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch Noob Question: For automatic watches which have a winding feature but no power meter, is there any way to know when it is fully wound?

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
There's not a watch in the world with as much contrast as my new phantom m1. It has a completely polished case and 24mm bracelet yet has a phantom (tinted) crystal and black face.
That is rather nice ... My only thing is the date placement. Id like to see more pictures

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Watch Noob Question: For automatic watches which have a winding feature but no power meter, is there any way to know when it is fully wound?

With my rolex, the part that i turn to wind it can't be turned anymore when it is fully wound.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac

Originally Posted by acidicboy
no, not really

Actually there is. Automatic watches have an overwind protection mechanism that lets the wheel slip through a ratchet when the main barrel is fully wound. If you listen very carefully, you'll hear a different clicking sound when you turn the crown after the watch is fully wound. It's rather faint but once you hear it once, you'll know what I mean

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Actually there is. Automatic watches have an overwind protection mechanism that lets the wheel slip through a ratchet when the main barrel is fully wound. If you listen very carefully, you'll hear a different clicking sound when you turn the crown after the watch is fully wound. It's rather faint but once you hear it once, you'll know what I mean

Roughly, how quickly does an average watch get to the fully wound point? If I turn the knob about 20 times, is it likely to be fully wound? 40 times?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most recommend 35-40 for a FULL wind, but if you're just winding it, and then putting it on right away to wear for the day, 10 or 15 is plenty. Your wrist motion will slowly wind it the rest of the way throughout the day.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
That is rather nice ... My only thing is the date placement. Id like to see more pictures

Here's the watch in comparison to 2 panerai

021.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

I'll add some new ones later as the watch looks MUCH better on the included bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads