• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bostndreamdonut

Reaction score
anyone getting that herringbone jungle jacket? does it fit the same as the other jungle jackets, I found the sleeves to be too wide/baggy for me.

I bought a ripstop JJ and returned it because I wasn't a fan of the weight of the ripstop.

I picked up the herringbone JJ and can say it's probably my favourite article of clothing I've bought from Drake's. The herringbone is pretty weighty. It's cut generously. And to answer your question, it's the same cut as previous, as far as I can tell.

It's a very interesting take on the JJ and one that is somewhat unlike Drake's. It's pretty fashion-forward; huge pockets, huge flaps, huge elbow pads, and billowing sleeves. I love it, but I can't deny I feel a bit like Gutsman when wearing it.

1644936095836.png

garigo

Reaction score
I bought a ripstop JJ and returned it because I wasn't a fan of the weight of the ripstop.

I picked up the herringbone JJ and can say it's probably my favourite article of clothing I've bought from Drake's. The herringbone is pretty weighty. It's cut generously. And to answer your question, it's the same cut as previous, as far as I can tell.

It's a very interesting take on the JJ and one that is somewhat unlike Drake's. It's pretty fashion-forward; huge pockets, huge flaps, huge elbow pads, and billowing sleeves. I love it, but I can't deny I feel a bit like Gutsman when wearing it.

View attachment 1754687
Interesting! What was off with the ripstop weight?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Another nice chore jacket, from the current collection, is the burgundy linen. Seen here in real life it’s much nicer than I would have imagined from the stock photos!

Oh, and anybody up for a 800 euro fleece vest?! :)

9F36C991-F902-4326-9DCF-BC7F8E42E23C.png

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0685834B-E168-4E24-A4EE-7F2338BBD0AD.jpeg

Artist Chore jacket rocks. Definitely glad I hesitated during the sale because it feels like these run pretty big (saw a post about this in here). Found a size 36 on Marrkt and works pretty well.
good to know. looks great dude. i might have to keep these on my list secondhand knowing i could probably do size 40.

slows2k

Reaction score
Sizing question for the Drakes lambswool shawl collar cardigans, the long running model, not the new one from this season:

Common sizing advice here seems to be go one up from jacket size, ie: I wear a 40, so I would take a 42 in these? Has anyone taken TTS? If so, how do you like the fit? Does the wool relax enough to make a fit difference?

I have had wool sweaters in the past that stretched to a full size up, so I don't wanna make that mistake with one of these. Thanks everyone!

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Sizing question for the Drakes lambswool shawl collar cardigans, the long running model, not the new one from this season:

Common sizing advice here seems to be go one up from jacket size, ie: I wear a 40, so I would take a 42 in these? Has anyone taken TTS? If so, how do you like the fit? Does the wool relax enough to make a fit difference?

I have had wool sweaters in the past that stretched to a full size up, so I don't wanna make that mistake with one of these. Thanks everyone!

I would definitely size up one. These things run real small, in my opinion. I wear 36 in Drake’s sports coats and went for a 38 which fits like a glove.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! They stretch at all over time?

I have not found so. I also don’t wear it that close-fitting the way I would most other knitwear but rather in lieu of a jacket. In any case, hand washing the garment will ultimately shrink it back to its original sizing, at least in my experience. But YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads