• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do in store locations still offer free tailoring on purchased items? I need to get one of my sport coats fitted next week while in NYC.

Do you mean the Drake's store? I believe Drake's closed their NYC location.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Do in store locations still offer free tailoring on purchased items? I need to get one of my sport coats fitted next week while in NYC.

Do you mean the Drake's store? I believe Drake's closed their NYC location.

The Canal St. store is open as usual.

And they do offer tailoring services to my knowledge, but I wouldn't count on it being free…even if you paid full price for a sports coat. At least that wasn't my experience.

drentco

Reaction score
The Canal St. store is open as usual.

And they do offer tailoring services to my knowledge, but I wouldn't count on it being free…even if you paid full price for a sports coat. At least that wasn't my experience.
Yeah - I thought the Canal St. location was still open looking at their IG a few days ago. I'll give the store a call a head of time and see what the deal is.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
When I was in the London store a few months ago they suggested tailorings can be done free of charge and relatively quickly (1-2 days).

Off topic: anyone here been ordering from Alexander Kraft? Have been waiting for almost two months now for refunds... Still nothing :confused:

Revelo

Reaction score
Took delivery of the raglan reversible mac today. My most expensive men’s wear purchase ever! I will try not to think of the price too often - but the coat is gorgeous. Surprisingly enough I actually like the raincoat side even more! I saw the coat when I was in the London shop back in October and had already determined the correct size. In blazers I’m a size 42 (Drake’s) but the coat is a size 40 and fits perfectly.

Very nice piece. How do you find it wears when the tweed is the inside? Does it catch on knitwear and wool blazers or make them pill?

Loupetlapin

Reaction score
I am unsure with the sizing of the Games Blazer, maybe I am just not used to the fit. Would you guys order it a size smaller, bring it to a tailor or just leave it like it is?

Attachments

• EF844A59-236E-4BF6-98EF-E42642C665E7.jpeg
    EF844A59-236E-4BF6-98EF-E42642C665E7.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 273
  • C660AD39-C9C5-451C-A65B-39AB2A8E14A0.jpeg
    C660AD39-C9C5-451C-A65B-39AB2A8E14A0.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 269
  • 071C776F-87DF-4943-8EDA-6AA3D496CAA2.jpeg
    071C776F-87DF-4943-8EDA-6AA3D496CAA2.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 236

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Very nice piece. How do you find it wears when the tweed is the inside? Does it catch on knitwear and wool blazers or make them pill?
Haven’t really worn it that much, only indoors trying on and admiring in the mirror lmao.. :) But so far I don’t think it will catch on knitwear, no issues at least with the William Lockie roll neck I was wearing, if there is one criticism I can give it is that the coat isn’t that heavy, i.e. the tweed is quite smooth and lightweight for a winter coat. I think that will prevent the pilling.

I’ll try and make some pics tomorrow. The raincoat side has a very nice reddish sheen that isn’t visible on the stock pics at all. The raglan shoulde part is also very stylish.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I am unsure with the sizing of the Games Blazer, maybe I am just not used to the fit. Would you guys order it a size smaller, bring it to a tailor or just leave it like it is?
Definitely not a size down.. The chest and waist look good. Do the shoulders feel allright or tight? Shoulders are important imho. Arms seem a tad long, you might want to consider taking off a centimeter or so imho. Do you feel comfortable moving around in this size?

Loupetlapin

Reaction score
Definitely not a size down.. The chest and waist look good. Do the shoulders feel allright or tight? Shoulders are important imho. Arms seem a tad long, you might want to consider taking off a centimeter or so imho. Do you feel comfortable moving around in this size?
Thank you for the advice. Yes it feels super comfortable. I will think about the arms.

RN0612

Reaction score
Agree on not sizing down, looks good and if anything maybe a size up depending on what fit you're going for. Also would suggest wearing with trousers that have a fuller leg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads