• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth noting that a lot of the Armoury x Ring Jacket models are actually half canvassed (Model 11, Model 12, essentially most of the "casual" models). That said - I've tended to like the fit of the Armoury models more than Drake's tailoring which basically solves the question for me personally.

In terms of OCBD's - I absolutely love my Drake's shirts and wear the hell out of them. Definitely the best fitting shirt for me outside of going custom. I'm not so patiently waiting for the next archive sale to stock up on some more.

This is untrue based on their website descriptions and what I’ve seen in store

jeremygo

Reaction score
This is untrue based on their website descriptions and what I’ve seen in store

Fair enough, not "most" of their casual models, but the model 11 and 12 are indeed half canvas. That said, I buy them and enjoy them very much! Anyway, sorry for The Armoury detour on the Drake's thread.

Last edited:

wahnamhong

Reaction score
As long as we are on a detour.. Anyone here have experience ordering from The Anthology Hong Kong? Any custom duties to be paid when importing into the euro area?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds drakes overpriced for the quality?

having said that their OCBDs’s may be great value
I think drakes is very expensive. I own several of their items (oxfords, Jeans, work shirts, sweaters, shoes, jackets, pants, scarfs) and never once did I think the quality was poor. My OCBD are great but I think the shoulders are just too small.

harorld

Reaction score
Now, will probably get strung up for this but they are uniqlo regular fit - they work for me and help me achieve the balance of spending more at drakes on key items like chore jackets and shirts!

lol, I do a similar thing. It's about the fit! My wear the Uniqlo dark navy chinos almost daily (I own 9 pairs). I've worn Uniqlo chinos with Drake's Games blazers, Drake's chore coats etc. You would never know my pants are $40. They fit great!

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drake’s is great

Last edited:

LKittelb

Reaction score
I have a question for the forum regulars around here: I purchased a polo secondhand from a SF user a while back and really love it, and cannot for the life of me find others like it. its a linen/silk mix, and has quite a bit of weight to it, so great drape. really similar to some linen knitwear I have from inis meain, but a bit more wearable as the finishing is way tidier. made in Italy. does anyone know who does drakes Italian knitwear, and where I might find similar pieces (with the linen silk mix), maybe from the same factory from other brands?

I know that they have a linen cotton mix polo available right now, and have not tried it (mostly because of the $500 price tag), but would really have a preference for the linen/silk.

below is SC wearing the one that I own, if I could find it used in different colors I would be interested in purchasing, but as far as I know they only ran it in that indigo color. any feedback helpful, thanks!
re-upping this, does anyone know who makes drakes knitwear in italy, and other brands the factory works with?

Trevallon

Reaction score
I think drakes is very expensive. I own several of their items (oxfords, Jeans, work shirts, sweaters, shoes, jackets, pants, scarfs) and never once did I think the quality was poor. My OCBD are great but I think the shoulders are just too small.
Have you tried sizing up? It took me a couple of shirts to figure that out, but loving my 17.5 OCBDs now (started with 16.5...)

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Anyone here with the tailored fit jeans? If so, could you please comment on fit and quality? Thanks.

By the way, took delivery of the ecru blue red track linen shirt earlier this week - really lovely shirt!

Trevallon

Reaction score
Anyone here with the tailored fit jeans? If so, could you please comment on fit and quality? Thanks.

By the way, took delivery of the ecru blue red track linen shirt earlier this week - really lovely shirt!

How is the size/fit of the shirt? I know that sizing down is advised on the linen chore jackets and wondered if the same is true for the linen shirts.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
How is the size/fit of the shirt? I know that sizing down is advised on the linen chore jackets and wondered if the same is true for the linen shirts.
I’ve bought the XL, where I’d usually get a 16.5/17. So, I had already expected it to be a bit bigger judging from the size charts, and it is. So I’d say it fits pretty true to size or at least its own size chart.

Like the few messages upthread, I’ve also been wearing my shirts bigger over time because I like the different fit.

The shirt itself is lovely. The white isn’t pure white but has some grey in it, which for me makes it easier to wear over eg white shorts, while still being great with navy and browns.

It’s a typical Drake’s item: timeless and classic, while still being ‘on trend’.

Wim

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, got an ecru linen chore coat, realised I look terrible with ecru framing my face, dyed it in a dark navy blue, got a fantastic result, but forgot the sewing thread is polyester or some such which doesn't take the dye, am removing all the overstitching - only now appreciate how sturdy the construction is (miles of overstitching) and am now becoming intimately familiar with the anatomy of a Drake's chore (can now compare notes not just on the sizing of the overall garment but every single constituent element). Hope I can start putting the thing together again later this weekend.
And happy to report that the nice milky MOP buttons didn't take the dye either.

Last edited:

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, got an ecru linen chore coat, realised I look terrible with ecru framing my face, dyed it in a dark navy blue, got a fantastic result, but forgot the sewing thread is polyester or some such which doesn't take the dye, am removing all the overstitching - only now appreciate how sturdy the construction is (miles of overstitching) and am now becoming intimately familiar with the anatomy of a Drake's chore (can now compare notes not just on the sizing of the overall garment but every single constituent element). Hope I can start putting the thing together again later this weekend.
And happy to report that the nice milky MOP buttons didn't take the dye either.
😯 I would not dare to do this with my chore jackets. How did you dye it?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuaweleye