• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wim

Reaction score
Feels a bit like Burke and Hare supplying an anatomical theatre. So you can see the not so great denim effect of the white overstitching in the first picture, and the stitching removed in the second. The dye didn't get to the spots with the reinforced stitching on the pockets, but those will be covered again, of course. So on the whole, not recommended, but doable.

Attachments

• dyed chore with original overstitching.jpg
    dyed chore with original overstitching.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 399
  • dyed chore with overstitching removed.jpg
    dyed chore with overstitching removed.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 467

Trevallon

Reaction score
The colour is amazing too! It looks a little darker than Drake's current otr offering of a navy linen chore (which tends more toward a royal blue, judging from the pictures). Well done!

n2pua

Reaction score
That's what my wife told me as well. But we made a solemn compact when we got married that she would never suggest or buy me clothes, and we have been happily married for over 20 years since.

I've told everyone I've ever dated that wanted to buy me a gift...... Either let me give you a wish list to choose from or better yet, treat me to dinner

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the brown Avignon about a year ago after getting some positive reviews from this forum. The thick leather sole and absence of the green brand tag for the collar are excellent design tweaks that give the shoes a less orthopaedic look compared to traditional Paraboots. They’ve become a go-to pair of shoes for me.
Anyone seen they Paraboot collab in person? Or bought a pair? I think the swapping out the rubber sole for leather was a nice change of pace.

These shoes are beautiful in person. From the grained calf leather to the shape of the last made sleeker without the thick rubber sole. In its place a single leather sole instead. Drakes' service has always been excellent IME, prompt email replies, and able to facilitate orders for OOS online but available in their brick and mortar location. Alas, the last does not fit well for my feet. I may be able to break them in with enough stretch across the vamp but not something I want to undergo currently (anyone have experience sizing JM Weston? lol) The last of the Avignon may be too slim in the vamp as well as for my instep even with my fallen arch. Sizing up would half I'd feel the length would be too long with the heel no longer sitting well, I think. To that end, I am confident the other Paraboot models would be more forgiving like the Michael. I get the appreciation for Paraboot and look forward to owning a pair in the future.

Trevallon

Reaction score
I need more opportunities to break out my Games suits...😢
Actually, that wedding broke the ice for me. I have worn the suit "just like that" for a stroll through the city; to go out to eat (where no one else was wearing a suit). But since it is so supremely comfortable and casual, and, I like to think, I come across as comfortable wearing it, it has never felt weird or out of place. It also seemed like people looking at me did so admiringly (at least I hope that's what it was). ;)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, that wedding broke the ice for me. I have worn the suit "just like that" for a stroll through the city; to go out to eat (where no one else was wearing a suit). But since it is so supremely comfortable and casual, and, I like to think, I come across as comfortable wearing it, it has never felt weird or out of place. It also seemed like people looking at me did so admiringly (at least I hope that's what it was). ;)
That last time I wore my olive ripstop one was at a wedding. Too funny, years ago I would never have imagined wearing such a casual suit to a wedding

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I need more opportunities to break out my Games suits...😢

I tried on the corduroy games suit in the store but even though I loved it I ultimately decided against it - just too expensive for something that I wasn't sure I would get that much use out of.

The sales assistant assured me that once I started wearing it casually to places that I would usually dress up for, but not to the extent of wearing a suit (nice restaurants and cocktails bars for example) then I would get used to it. And it would start to feel natural. And you know what, I've got a suspicion he was right. But ... I just wasn't certain enough to splash £1,300 on it.
I spent the money on shirts, chore jackets and sweaters that I've worn the hell out of, instead. But I do occasionally think longingly about that suit.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provadentreviews