• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the opposite reaction, I thought it was the best look book in the past few years.

Like most look books, not that I am going to emulate any of the looks specifically (usually too many layers for real life) , but there's tons of inspiration, and plenty of pieces an I am excited to see make their way to the site.

Here's a few things that caught my eye, and give me that old "Drake's" feeling.

This Coat!
1668715596018.png

This coat, this cardigan:
1668715638158.png

This combo:
1668715689315.png

This combo:
1668715762191.png

wahnamhong

Reaction score
New winter lookbook is here. Kind of a bore, if I'm being honest. Any looks in it inspiring the rest of you?
Agree. The last one from a few weeks ago was better imho. I guess that just shows the breadth of the collection, what with others having an opposite opinion.

The brown coat with freckles looks like a copy of the Permanentstyle coat imho. And then the blue flannel chalkstripe suit is indeed gorgeous, but has been in their collection for years.

nprose

Reaction score
I had the opposite reaction, I thought it was the best look book in the past few years.

Like most look books, not that I am going to emulate any of the looks specifically (usually too many layers for real life) , but there's tons of inspiration, and plenty of pieces an I am excited to see make their way to the site.

This Coat!
View attachment 1857584
View attachment 1857585
This combo:
View attachment 1857586
This combo:
View attachment 1857587
Yea, I always tend to overlook topcoats, living in California, they're never really on my radar. But! The brown one is gorgeous, even if Permanent Style influenced.

Speaking of Permanent Style, Simon had a mention of the Drake's purple shetland somewhat recently. Really made me want to pull the trigger. It's also interesting that Simon's review made me enjoy a Drake's item that I would normally skip past. The lookbooks sometimes don't do their clothes justice probably.

DerbyKelly

Reaction score

This Coat!
View attachment 1857584

I have a coat in that brown donegal fabric but not with those wacky pockets. I like them!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This Coat!
View attachment 1857584
View attachment 1857585
This combo:
View attachment 1857586
This combo:
View attachment 1857587
they have a winner on their hands with that coat model

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone here want to participate in a Cheap Man' Drakes thread? We could crowdsource who actually makes the product for Drakes or share more affordable alterantives.

I've been eyeing the Crosby mocs for a while, and recently learned they are made by Astorflex (who has a very similar model at less than half the price). I've seen people share sweater, sweatshirt, rugby shirt manufacturers here, might be good to have all these in one place.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Who makes Drake's sleeveless cardigans? William Lockie? I am trying to find cheaper sleeveless cardigans
Not sure who makes them, but Drake’s sleeveless cardigans are absolutely gorgeous. I have the one from spring summer 2022, with the crabs, and the quality is amazing.

I also have William Lockie knitwear and they are great too, been wearing them all the time in autumn and winter. But not sure if they are the same manufacturer as the sleeveless cardigans.

henrip

Reaction score
Would anyone here want to participate in a Cheap Man' Drakes thread? We could crowdsource who actually makes the product for Drakes or share more affordable alterantives.

I've been eyeing the Crosby mocs for a while, and recently learned they are made by Astorflex (who has a very similar model at less than half the price). I've seen people share sweater, sweatshirt, rugby shirt manufacturers here, might be good to have all these in one place.

I have shoes both from Drake’s and Astorflex and imho Astorflex shoes feel a bit better quality. Stylewise Drake’s has changed some details and the design outcome is nicer. Love all my shoes from both brands.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Not sure who makes them, but Drake’s sleeveless cardigans are absolutely gorgeous. I have the one from spring summer 2022, with the crabs, and the quality is amazing.

I also have William Lockie knitwear and they are great too, been wearing them all the time in autumn and winter. But not sure if they are the same manufacturer as the sleeveless cardigans.
I found some sleeveless cardigans that look a lot like Drake's. Five buttons, pretty wide placket, cotton/cashmere blend from a Polish site called Poszetka. Unsure of the sizing though but they cost approx 77 euro each. Colors are not the same though.

henrip

Reaction score

Who makes their sweatshirts???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads