• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Considering Drake's pricing I'm surprised the Aldens aren't more. Compared to some of the "comparable" offerings at Leffot and the addition of the commando sole pricing seems to me to be in line. Anyway, I'm just going to wait until the next Archive Sale and get them then. ;)

They won't go archive unless Drake's wants to stop being an Alden stockist.

upflup

Reaction score
How much do the overshirts vary between sizes? If a large is a fairly regular fit for me as a 44" chest, but is a little snug in the shoulders, will an XL be oversized?

upflup

Reaction score
I ordered the XL anyway, so everyone please stop writing and editing your incredibly detailed responses.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the XL anyway, so everyone please stop writing and editing your incredibly detailed responses.
Did you grab that brown one in cotton canvas from Jondral? I'm around a 43 chest, have purchased both L and XL overshirts in the past, and will only purchase XL going forward. I like the fit much better--especially, as you note, in the shoulders--so I think you'll be quite pleased! (Sorry to let you know this belatedly, but at least it isn't to now tell you that you made the wrong choice.)

upflup

Reaction score
Did you grab that brown one in cotton canvas from Jondral? I'm around a 43 chest, have purchased both L and XL overshirts in the past, and will only purchase XL going forward. I like the fit much better--especially, as you note, in the shoulders--so I think you'll be quite pleased! (Sorry to let you know this belatedly, but at least it isn't to now tell you that you made the wrong choice.)

Haha thank you! And yes it's the brown from Jondral. I've been wanting this color for awhile so I'm glad to hear that I can expect a proper fit.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha thank you! And yes it's the brown from Jondral. I've been wanting this color for awhile so I'm glad to hear that I can expect a proper fit.
Good choice! I had actually been eyeing that one as well, which is crazy because I own a brown Drake's overshirt, so am glad I was saved from making an unwise purchase. I am interested in grabbing one of these newer model overshirts, however, as all of mine are the versions from past seasons with the pleated flap pockets. Those are great as well, but I've always preferred the pocket layout of the chore coats, which they've now wisely transferred to the overshirts. I'm tempted to go for that cinnamon version, but the 25 EUR shipping fee throws me off a bit. But if I pretended it was part of the overshirt price, I'd still think it's worth the cost, so perhaps I should just go for it. Anyway, enjoy!

espen

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the new bleach washed denim chore jacket? Any comments on fit? I’m a large in the alpha sized chore shirt jackets, trying to decide if a 40 or 42 is the way to go.

mbb355

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the new bleach washed denim chore jacket? Any comments on fit? I’m a large in the alpha sized chore shirt jackets, trying to decide if a 40 or 42 is the way to go.
I’ve not tried the denim chore coat but I’ve tried the suede chore coat and I think they’re cut the same. I’m a S in the alpha-sized overshirts and a 36 in the suede chore, so I’d think 40 in the denim chore is your best bet.

mbb355

Reaction score
I caved and bought a pair of the recently released jeans and I must say I'm truly impressed. I own an older pair of Drakes jeans, an indigo raw denim pair made in England. I loved that pair. The new pair is a clear upgrade. The biggest difference is that these are washed. I know some "denimheads" swear by raw denim, but to me it was always just kind of a pain. It's stiff, rough, tough to break in, and wrinkles/crinkles in random places, creating suboptimal drape. These new ones feel every bit as elevated and high-quality as the older pair, but are much softer, creating a really nice drape. Yes, I know it's odd to discuss "drape" when it comes to jeans, but I personally like a pair of jeans to fall and move gracefully (if somewhat differently than, say, a pair of grey high-twists). These are the best jeans I've had in that respect. I opted for the stone wash, which is such a lovely color. It's lighter than dark navy, so you can pair it with navy up top and it will look great. But it's still dark enough to be smart. The fit is great and the high-rise makes it perfect for pairing with tailoring, though it still looks great without a jacket. The silhouette is also great--roomy in the thigh which makes them so comfortable and easy to wear, with a gentle taper from the knee down, creating a nice shape. If you've been on the fence about the jeans, I seriously recommend giving them a whirl.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I caved and bought a pair of the recently released jeans and I must say I'm truly impressed. I own an older pair of Drakes jeans, an indigo raw denim pair made in England. I loved that pair. The new pair is a clear upgrade. The biggest difference is that these are washed. I know some "denimheads" swear by raw denim, but to me it was always just kind of a pain. It's stiff, rough, tough to break in, and wrinkles/crinkles in random places, creating suboptimal drape. These new ones feel every bit as elevated and high-quality as the older pair, but are much softer, creating a really nice drape. Yes, I know it's odd to discuss "drape" when it comes to jeans, but I personally like a pair of jeans to fall and move gracefully (if somewhat differently than, say, a pair of grey high-twists). These are the best jeans I've had in that respect. I opted for the stone wash, which is such a lovely color. It's lighter than dark navy, so you can pair it with navy up top and it will look great. But it's still dark enough to be smart. The fit is great and the high-rise makes it perfect for pairing with tailoring, though it still looks great without a jacket. The silhouette is also great--roomy in the thigh which makes them so comfortable and easy to wear, with a gentle taper from the knee down, creating a nice shape. If you've been on the fence about the jeans, I seriously recommend giving them a whirl.

link?

mbb355

Reaction score

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Is there a difference in fit/measurements between the made in England pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads