• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbb355

Reaction score
A bit forced to call it s classic if only offered for 3/4 years no?
But didn’t Drakes start offering apparel only a few years ago? For example, their first lookbook is from F/W 2015. And even in that short time they’ve cemented themselves as a classic menswear stronghold. Given how much they’ve accomplished in a short time, I think it’s fair to refer to their hallmark items as “classics.”

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

It's something I think of when I think of Drake's and it is one of their longest running designs. Many of their "perennials" haven't even been around a year.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But didn’t Drakes start offering apparel only a few years ago? For example, their first lookbook is from F/W 2015. And even in that short time they’ve cemented themselves as a classic menswear stronghold. Given how much they’ve accomplished in a short time, I think it’s fair to refer to their hallmark items as “classics.”

It's something I think of when I think of Drake's and it is one of their longest running designs. Many of their "perennials" haven't even been around a year.

Exactly, up until pretty recently, Drakes was just accessories. All of their clothing is relatively new.

I think what they are trying to get across with “Perennials” is, going forward, these are the items that will be available year round, not necessarily items that drakes has always sold. Items like Crosby Chukkas, chore coats and t shirts are all pretty new to their lineup. They’ve just decided those are the items their are going to have available year round.

I still think their over shirt design belongs in the Perrenials collection. Maybe they will add items as time goes on.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with the items they chose (except for some of the weird striped clown socks, but whatever). I have a problem with some of the items they didn't choose. It's like whoever was deciding on this collection doesn't have an appreciation for many of Drake's better designs and doesn't value many parts of the Drake's aesthetic that I and many others like so much.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Clothing at Drake’s isn’t ‘new’ but it has been very substantially expanded in the past few years. As a point of reference, when I moved to London in 2010 - before the e-commerce store I think- the store was mostly ties, scarves and interesting accessories. They had some Alden shoes...maybe 4-6 styles... and they had those thick cashmere shawl jumpers.

Part of my frustration with Drake’s is that the assortment in that store was incredible back then. They had things like an ivory comb and some really neat carved handle umbrellas. That ‘wow’ feeling I had back in those years hasn’t been replicated on a lot of their recent adventures, such as the rugby shirts. Drake’s sells way too many things that only sell when they run a 60% off sale.

Nat25

Reaction score
Clothing at Drake’s isn’t ‘new’ but it has been very substantially expanded in the past few years. As a point of reference, when I moved to London in 2010 - before the e-commerce store I think- the store was mostly ties, scarves and interesting accessories. They had some Alden shoes...maybe 4-6 styles... and they had those thick cashmere shawl jumpers.

Part of my frustration with Drake’s is that the assortment in that store was incredible back then. They had things like an ivory comb and some really neat carved handle umbrellas. That ‘wow’ feeling I had back in those years hasn’t been replicated on a lot of their recent adventures, such as the rugby shirts. Drake’s sells way too many things that only sell when they run a 60% off sale.

To me the “perennial” collection is further indication that they are moving off the traditional sale model and more towards the archive sale model. How do you convince someone to buy a shawl collar sweater full price today, if they think it will be 70% off later? You add it to the perennial collection that will never go on sale (until they discontinue that color and add it anyway). I like the archive sale model so am good w this shift.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Alden shoes are up. Time for arbitrage:

1. On the US site, they're listed for $825 US (ok, not bad so far).

2. When you switch to Canadian pricing , it's $1280 US (what the???).

Either way, nice shoes. But even with duties to CAD, don't understand the markup.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are they actually exclusive? I feel like I’ve seen that combo for the chukkas elsewhere before but I could be wrong.

I wished they did unlined cordovan.

mbb355

Reaction score
are they actually exclusive? I feel like I’ve seen that combo for the chukkas elsewhere before but I could be wrong.

I wished they did unlined cordovan.
I think what makes these models unique is the "commando sole." I have the cap-toe blucher on the Aberdeen last, but it has a leather sole, not the commando one.

Last edited:

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Just making sure everyone here is aware of the extensive Michael Jondral sale on Drake's products (and stuff from other brands and makers too).

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering Drake's pricing I'm surprised the Aldens aren't more. Compared to some of the "comparable" offerings at Leffot and the addition of the commando sole pricing seems to me to be in line. Anyway, I'm just going to wait until the next Archive Sale and get them then. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads