• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Psyko

Reaction score
I don't think that's true. As a definition, I think lookbooks are just a collection of cool images. But some brands can use that opportunity to show people how to wear their clothes. Others can use it as an inspiration for a mood. Others can put up some outlandish thing for creative expression.

I don't think Craig Green actually expects anyone to walk down the street looking like this

View attachment 1514813
I remember having exactly the same discussion a while ago.

I guess lookbooks exist on a continuum from avant garde and very experimental combinations of clothes to more standard combinations of clothes, which are examples of how to wear the garments (which is way more usual). I'd put the ALD collab more on the "standard combinations" side of the continuum.

I mean, it wouldn't even be that weird to interpret the Craig Green picture as him wanting you to wear all black, and specifically the black pants, black shirt and black hat on the picture.

Anyways, there are as many ways to interpret a lookbook as there are people looking at it. None are more correct than the others, but some might be more closely related to the brands intentions. But one looses control of how the lookbook is interoreted once it's out in the ether.

And, when I come to think of it: I have actually given my 20 year old younger brother two sport coats so that he could wear it with sweatpants ALD-style.

CGN_Bonvivant

Reaction score
I think it's like most collabs. The younger brand gets heritage cred, which helps justify higher prices. The older brand gets to look cool and hopefully gets to find a new market. It's like ALD's collabs with Woolrich and New Balance. The traditional customers for those brands aren't trying to buy ALD. But hopefully the ALD customer considers something from the older brand.
Well said!

polyfusion

Reaction score
Went into drakes today and had a look at all the new stuff. For me the Green double breasted ALD/Drakes suit was pretty spectacular. Beautiful fabric beautiful colour. Pictures and styling don’t do it justice , also feels like a spring suit as it’s a light linen Woolf blend but total knockout.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment - I don't get the collaboration at all. And I do these kind of collaborations for my professional work now. I can see why Drakes would participate but ALD doesn't need Drakes to do this. At the end of the day, the product was not compelling either. A meh for me

Last edited:

nycs10011

Reaction score
Went into drakes today and had a look at all the new stuff. For me the Green double breasted ALD/Drakes suit was pretty spectacular. Beautiful fabric beautiful colour. Pictures and styling don’t do it justice , also feels like a spring suit as it’s a light linen Woolf blend but total knockout.

This was the standout piece in the look book to me. Not sure I'm in for the full suite at $2k, but I will at least try and see it in person.

I also like the Tattersall pattern "fun" shirt but would probably just prefer another Drake's tattersall color combo. The orange and blue one I picked up a few years ago is a F/W staple for me.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the green chore jacket. I always liked the drake’s chore jackets just thought they were a bit plain for the usual price. I like cord accents on this one. Could do without the ALD patch placement but I’ll see when it arrives. Might just take it off.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the green chore jacket. I always liked the drake’s chore jackets just thought they were a bit plain for the usual price. I like cord accents on this one. Could do without the ALD patch placement but I’ll see when it arrives. Might just take it off.
I liked the yellow one but didn't need it. Must only have been a few available as it went fast in 42.

kongmw

Reaction score

polyfusion

Reaction score
I don't think that's true. As a definition, I think lookbooks are just a collection of cool images. But some brands can use that opportunity to show people how to wear their clothes. Others can use it as an inspiration for a mood. Others can put up some outlandish thing for creative expression.

I don't think Craig Green actually expects anyone to walk down the street looking like this

View attachment 1514813
I’m not sure if it was the intention, but this image really made me laugh.

I think one of the reasons the ALD / drakes collaboration can feel a bit jarring for a classic menswear fan is that for most of us, and I count myself in this category, I don’t really trust most more straight youth orientated (fast) fashion. Not because I’m old, which I’m not, or conservative, which I’m also not, but because I associate it with bad quality, cuts that don’t work with most of my wardrobe, and ideas that date quickly. Been there done that, and wasted a lot of money.
So having found my style a bit more in recent years around tailoring, I’m naturally a bit suspicious of an image showing sweat pants and tailoring. It reminds me of a less stylish, more self conscious me, pushed around by fashion brands trying to hawk things to me I will discard in a year. It makes me at least slightly doubt drakes, question the quality, and wonder if I’ve been suckered into a trend I thought I’d escaped. At least for a split second.
Not I’m not saying that’s how I feel, but i think many classic menswear enthusiasts can look at that look book and wonder if they’ve wondered into the right shop for at least a moment.

But with that in mind, I do also really appreciate a lot of what they’re doing here - showing some more diversity in the drakes brand is something I’m 100% down for. The old Etonian on the weekend, or the Wall Street bro ‘s Connecticut weekend getaway vibe can be seriously off putting to me at times. Equally , take a walk down saville row and there are more vacant shops there than ever now- tailoring has done a poor job of evolving with the times in general whilst staying true to its roots. It’s great to see Drakes constantly expand the horizons of a classic menswear wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads