• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA-718

Reaction score
^^^Thx - Ended up springing for the UU Blocktech Parka which is on sale for 100 usd if you use the singles coupon. Prob just wear this as a beater jacket, but the Dark Green color reminds me of something Ervell would use. Ended being way more pleased with the UU stuff than I had imagined at the outset, so hopefully this will work out.

Nice, the Blocktech Parka should be a pretty sturdy item considering it has taped seams and nylon. I used the cotton parka from the last collaboration capsule for Tuesday's downpour and remained completely dry so the current season Parka should be pretty reliable as well (in regards to weather capabilities)

CityMap

Reaction score
pictures of Uniqlo's 2017 spring collaborations

https://www.fashion-press.net/news/27304

FPP_2987.jpg

FPP_2993.jpg

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new pair of skinny tapereds, the white merino turtleneck and burgundy heattech gloves while in berlin, very happy with all of them

Didn't even bother trying out the oxfords after all I've read about them in here hah

Last edited:

jmaudi0

Reaction score
How are the men's Skinny Selvage jeans? I'm looking for a cheap bleached/faded pair of jeans with a pretty strong taper (cuff less than 6.5") and it looks like these fit the bill based on the measurements online. Anyone have experience to say yay or nay? Size down required?

I haven't worn anything except raws from 3sixteen and RGT for the past few years...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hows the color on the grey selvedge jeans? I'd like a pair of grey jeans...

I've worn this hat so much, reminds me something ervell or steven alan would sell. has black leather strap in the back and is comfortable.

wool hat $20

How are the men's Skinny Selvage jeans?  I'm looking for a cheap bleached/faded pair of jeans with a pretty strong taper (cuff less than 6.5") and it looks like these fit the bill based on the measurements online.  Anyone have experience to say yay or nay?  Size down required?  

I haven't worn anything except raws from 3sixteen and RGT for the past few years...

I tried them and they were extremely tapered for me, in the 6.25-6.5" range. I like my leg openings between 7.25", so returned. Otherwise they were nice for a pre faded jeans with rips. Could pass as more expensive fashion branded jeans with good shoes.

Last edited:

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Hows the color on the grey selvedge jeans? I'd like a pair of grey jeans...

I've worn this hat so much, reminds me something ervell or steven alan would sell. has black leather strap in the back and is comfortable.

goods_59_180228

I tried them and they were extremely tapered for me, in the 6.25-6.5" range. I like my leg openings between 7.25", so returned. Otherwise they were nice for a pre faded jeans with rips. Could pass as more expensive fashion branded jeans with good shoes.
how did you size? are the uniqlo measurements online pretty accurate? should i account for stretch? I only have a few heattech items from uniqlo...never tried their pants.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't bother with Uniqlo pants beyond their stretch chinos. Just waiting for a brown pair to show up.

Don't like them? They are pretty decent and I think this years cut is great. I got tired of paying $225 for pants that didn't fit me in 3 months.

how did you size?  are the uniqlo measurements online pretty accurate?  should i account for stretch?  I only have a few heattech items from uniqlo...never tried their pants.

I go TTS with Uniqlo pants. I don't think the stretch pants stretch like raw denim really, the synthetic 1% seems to actually help keep the shape a bit more.

Last edited:

JilSlander

Reaction score
Don't like them? They are pretty decent and I think this years cut is great. I got tired of paying $225 for pants that didn't fit me in 3 months.

I meant I like their stretch chinos (especially the dark green colorway), but Uniqlo jeans are a no go for me. They're just too snug.

Agreed on the chino cuts. They fit really nice and not skin-tight after some stretch.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like seriously Singapore cannot be the only place that still carries the Uniqlo U Wool Pleated Pants. Did the major cities like NY sell out completely?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the Uniqlo Slim Selvedge in black and have been wearing them all day. They fit TTS for a slim fit and are comfortable enough. However, the difference in quality of fabric is noticeable if you are used to wearing more premium denim. Uniqlo did nail the fit on these though.

I figured it was worth keeping these either way since they cost less than some burgers in Manhattan.

Side note: Visited the new Newbury Street Uniqlo location over the weekend. It was smaller than all the Manhattan locations and mostly carried the lower end stuff.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They could up the price by $30 and add leather patch, roped belt loops, and rivets. Still would be competitive at $70 as I think their Japanese denim from the mill they source is up to snuff with other stretch selvedge brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads