• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vaio

Reaction score

so at a crossroads here. i'm normally a small in uniqlo button downs, and a medium in uniqlo t-shirts. currently im @ 5'9 153lb 39chest 31waist.

however, the button-ups have become pretty snug at the moment b/c of lifting. theyre especially tight around the bicep, thinking about sizing up on some OCBDs to a medium.

my main issue is that im worried about if they'll flare dramatically around the waist. anyone have any experience in the size difference between the small and medium?

also, would using the dryer on them help with the length? i usually line dry

You might get a bit of shrink by dryer drying, but you'll probably get some in the biceps as well...

All of uniqlos shirts flare at the bottom, even their slim dress shirts and whatnot. Maybe get it slimmed down a bit...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got my first order in from Uniqlo yesterday. A couple s/s oxfords, pair of briefs and socks. Did a small order to try the brand out. Overall I am extremely pleased. The oxfords will make a great summer shirt and you can't go wrong at $19.99 a pop. Underwear and socks are nice too.

Think I am going to order another s/s oxford and either try out one of the prints or linen blends. How's the s/s linen shirts? Not sure I like the collar, but a couple of the colors are nice. Worth picking up?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a slim fit dress shirt in large. Definitely not "slim." Arm length was perfect for me but way too blousy. Thinking of trying a medium since it's just a throwaway "dress shirt" and would likely be worn with the sleeves rolled up.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely not. I know my post reads like it but the shirt is really that big, and I'm not a beanpole by any stretch. The slim fit oxfords are a perfect feel.

Last edited:

colbydelapeza

Reaction score
well this is my first post here.

I'm thinking of ordering one of the oxfords from the website, how is the material? not too thick, or is it pretty thin? I just don't want to be sweating ****** off..

chill1217

Reaction score
nah, just the regular long sleeve oxford. though I usually roll the sleeves up anyways.

this is the one : http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/076081

I would probably go with a linen one instead but according to the size chart the oxford would fit me better :/
with that oxford, you'll be sweating in anything 80+ degree weather even with the sleeves rolled up (i did the same thing like 2 weeks ago)

looks like they restocked the slim cargo pants
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...035?ref=mens-clothing/mens-bottoms/mens-pants
i was waiting on these for ages and got a pair of levi's cargo pants instead
frown.gif

rirawin

Reaction score
Probably more to do with the cotton fabric they've used. In general I find using fabric conditioner and ironing the shirts while they're still damp usually helps. Also hanging them on a hanger when drying and stretching out as many creases out as possible.

Last edited:

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe the interlining is unfused. The above brands you mentioned used mostly fused interlinings. You'll just need to iron more carefully to avoid the additional crinkles.

docka

Reaction score
Maybe the interlining is unfused. The above brands you mentioned used mostly fused interlinings. You'll just need to iron more carefully to avoid the additional crinkles.
So keep on moving the iron at all times?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads