• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats my man, two very fine additions to your impressive collection. That F-last certainly looks like it fits you well.
From the pic, I would have guessed U rather than F from the toe profile,

Very nice.  Did you go with the same size in the New Peter and F lasts?

Its certainly not F, more U. Looks good though congrats.

My mistake everyone, it is on the U. Regarding sizing, the U is half a size larger (40) than the New Peter (39.5).

:)

A subtle fact: the leather on the boot is different from the shoes.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
In all honesty - the right shoe is 100% derived from the U last. BUT the angle of the left shoe does look like the F last... DId you ask Reszo for Vass new hybrid "FU" Last ;) But there no doubt the calf colour contrast extremely well with your checked trousers (pants).
Quote:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
In all honesty - the right shoe is 100% derived from the U last. BUT the angle of the left shoe does look like the F last... DId you ask Reszo for Vass new hybrid "FU" Last But there no doubt the calf colour contrast extremely well with your checked trousers (pants).
Quote:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In all honesty - the right shoe is 100% derived from the U last. BUT the angle of the left shoe does look like the F last... DId you ask Reszo for Vass new hybrid "FU" Last But there no doubt the calf colour contrast extremely well with your checked trousers (pants).
Quote:
An F-U combination... hmmm... :satisfied: The combination with my trousers was just a coincidence since I was wearing a different pair but I wanted to check the fit. The suit is one of my favorite for fall/winter. If the U ends up working well... I think an austerity brogue will be next!

anzo

Reaction score
Notch, those balmorals in the dark brown leather/suede combination are wonderful! Thanks for posting, really nice to see all those detailed pics as I've been considering this exact model. Might think of adding a toe medallion to an otherwise super nice design.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After talking to half a dozen FedEx agents... I am VERY happy with the initial impressions:
#89 New Peter Last
11310566483_5fdb25e119.jpg
#75 U Last
11310564433_707347d284.jpg
After about 20-25 miles of wear I should get a good feel of how these lasts really work for me. The New Peter's fit feels good with the heel to ball aligned well to my foot. The F is obviously not as generous as the New Peter, but the proportions feel right. I will give feedback in a few weeks how it works out.
nephew, wear only in good health

Iamalfie

Reaction score
Good day to all!

I'm a first-time vass buyer and I need some help in terms of sizing on the U-last. I'm a UK7 on C&J 348 last and a UK7.5 on the Loake Aldwych.

I'm thinking at the moment that I should be a EU41.5.

Appreciate the kind advice of the goodfolks here.

Cheers!

fllick

Reaction score
Good day to all!

I'm a first-time vass buyer and I need some help in terms of sizing on the U-last. I'm a UK7 on C&J 348 last and a UK7.5 on the Loake Aldwych.

I'm thinking at the moment that I should be a EU41.5.

Appreciate the kind advice of the goodfolks here.

Cheers!

UK 7.5 on 348, Eu 40.5 on the u/k last, Eu 40 on the f last. hope this helps.

cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads