• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
US 10 for AE
UK 9 for carmina rain/forest
vass 42.5 for P2/F

Last edited:

billsayers

Reaction score

Good day to all!

I'm a first-time vass buyer and I need some help in terms of sizing on the U-last. I'm a UK7 on C&J 348 last and a UK7.5 on the Loake Aldwych.

I'm thinking at the moment that I should be a EU41.5.

Appreciate the kind advice of the goodfolks here.

Cheers!

Hoping this helps but my sizes are as follows:
C&J 348 - UK6
Edward Green 82 - UK6
Vass U - EU40

Based solely on your C&J size, I would think Vass U-last in EU 41 is your size.

Swede66

Reaction score

Good day to all!

I'm a first-time vass buyer and I need some help in terms of sizing on the U-last. I'm a UK7 on C&J 348 last and a UK7.5 on the Loake Aldwych.

Cheers!

I am a UK 8 in most shoes and 41F in F-last /41G in U last. 41.5 will be too large for you.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
wear only in good health

Of course, uncle. Hope all is well.

Good day to all!

Cheers!

For me:
C&J 348: 6E
Vass U: 40

So from your C&J to Vass size, I would guess 41.

Iamalfie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Looks like EU41 would be the preferred choice now.

Can't wait for my first pair of vass!

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Size 41 EU in the Vass would be suffice if you're generally a UK 7 in Crocketts.
Quote:

Attolini

Reaction score
Does Vass also has a leather in "racing green" as we know it from Gaziano Girling and Edward Green MTO's?

Thanks for your replys.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Does Vass also has a leather in "racing green" as we know it from Gaziano Girling and Edward Green MTO's?

Thanks for your replys.

I have both Vass oil green and G&G racing green and while both appeal to me, the difference between them is visibly stark.

To my eyes, oil green is a lot greener, a lighter shade and muted. Racing green is darker, richer and at night looks like anything but green, it only shows when you're out in sunlight.

The Vass oil green is box calf while the G&G is (I suspect) crust leather, since it takes burnishing rather well.

I am happy to be corrected on technicalities but that's how I see it.

Attolini

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick replys. I found a picture in this thread of the green Vass uses and in my opinion the one G&G or EG uses is much nicer as it is darker and richer.

bleu

Reaction score
I have made my first Vass-order, just hope the size is right! I usually have UK5 (C&J 348, 236 Loake Aldwych)

77 Old English
F-last
Antique cognac
Single leather sole
EU 38,5

barky

Reaction score
I have made my first Vass-order, just hope the size is right! I usually have UK5 (C&J 348, 236 Loake Aldwych)

77 Old English
F-last
Antique cognac
Single leather sole
EU 38,5

38.5 way too big, I think you are better off with 38 or better, 37.5. If you have high instep, 38 might probably work. I am smallish UK6 and 38.5 on the F. IIRC, some one with UK5.5 and a high instep went 38.5 on the U.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads