• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RaggedyDandy

Reaction score

Edit. How do people feel about loding shoes?

I just got a pair of the Roma wholecuts to go with my black tie set. Wore them once last week with another outfit to try and break them in a bit. They seem ok so far, if a little stiff to start, and the elongated last will take a bit of getting used to vs my AEs. For sizing I got a 7.5 UK, which compares with my 8.5 US AE Boston on their old 0 last. My other AEs are 9 US. I'll update after a few wears when I've got my feet broken in.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder what their pricing will be. Might have a look at some suede dovers. Although I'm headed to NYC soon and there will be much more to choose from.

emidyl

Reaction score
Wonder what their pricing will be. Might have a look at some suede dovers. Although I'm headed to NYC soon and there will be much more to choose from.
haven't heard back about pricing yet but John M sent me the list of stock they received.
Should be fine to post as it was in their mailer to request info.

And yes def in NYC you'll find pretty much what you want. Let us know what you end up scoring!
Cheers

1492- unlined suede chukka
1493- unlined suede chukka
1497- unlined suede Chukka
29331 -unlined derby
29336 -unlined derby
401 -indy
403 -indy
666 -tassle loafer
9432s -blucher
949 -all weather walkers
968 - **** toe derby
979 - longwing
9794 - suede longing

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Please don't say that they had any deals on Carmina shells in 9.5 UK on Rain last

I've looked at the Fitzpatricks too and the sole is very well done with channeled stitching. For $250 I'd say that's a good deal for the quality. The St Crispin's and JL last pairs are a good deal if you are shopping in that price range, especially for St Crispin's. Agreed that the Carminas represent the best deal, especially in shell. 

emidyl

Reaction score
nah, don't worry all the shell on sale are the end sizes otherwise I would have gobbled them up, That being said the price on the 2 shell monks are ridiculous if they fit you. They've been on sale since the fall and late summer I believe.

Deoraby

Reaction score
Thanks. I am aware that Carmina is using UK sizing and I did mention that I am 9.5UK . unfortunately my size is rarely on sales. The last time I saw my size on sale was when ShoeMart was liquidating all their Carmina stock.

sorry MTlin, i miss read your email re sizes. Saturday night, what can i say? apologies.

The only shell that they had to my knowledge were in UK10.5 and UK13. for C$400 though, that is some deal. they did have numerous other carmina in calf..

Deoraby

Reaction score
nah, don't worry all the shell on sale are the end sizes otherwise I would have gobbled them up, That being said the price on the 2 shell monks are ridiculous if they fit you. They've been on sale since the fall and late summer I believe.

yeah I've been tracking their shell prices since September....the carmina shell have dropped by $300 from their first sale price which was down about $150 from their retail...
on that note their rider boots were down to $450...anyone have any experience of Rider? they appear to produce everything from cemented shoes upward...those on sale in Leatherfoot are rapid construction and storm welt which, to me, seems like a contradiction....

ADub

Reaction score
yeah I've been tracking their shell prices since September....the carmina shell have dropped by $300 from their first sale price which was down about $150 from their retail...
on that note their rider boots were down to $450...anyone have any experience of Rider? they appear to produce everything from cemented shoes upward...those on sale in Leatherfoot are rapid construction and storm welt which, to me, seems like a contradiction....
I own a pair of their Hobo boots and like them, especially if you get them on sale. They are very comfortable and I can walk for hours in them. The leather used for the upper is of good quality; mine has barely creased. However, the leather used for the shaft is not as good though I've seen that happen on the Vass thread so in a sense I suppose they are not the worst offender in that regard. The lasts Rider uses are very elegant if you ask me; I've seen the ones at Leatherfoot and think they are really sleek.

I agree that rapid and storm welting are different though I only see storm welt and commando sole being listed on Leatherfoot's site.

simondg

Reaction score

I haven't had anything rewoven. If you find a good place (or have a bad experience somewhere) please post here for posterity!

I've read good things about Cheeseworth's Invisible Mending over on Mount Pleasant, but I have no first hand experience. They were mentioned in some new articles either in the Toronto Star or Toronto Life a few years ago. It might be worth checking out if they're still around.

Thanks guys. I'll pop by and see what they think. I'll report back if there's any action.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going on vacation to the Islands and wondering where I can get some decent espadrilles. Not looking to spend more than $50 ideally.

Last edited:

Spex

Reaction score
Going on vacation to the Islands and wondering where I can get some decent espadrilles. Not looking to spend more than $50 ideally.

I have no experience with these, but I remember browsing since they claimed "traditional and authentic" and the price is less than $30 US (is that over $50 CAD nowadays?
sarcasm.gif
).

http://www.espadrillestore.com/en/men-espadrilles/men-flat-espadrilles

jokb

Reaction score
General question, what's your favorite Valway makeup? or if there was GMTO, which makeup would it be? I myself am leaning towards brown upper with a lighter shade of grain for the shaft.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
General question, what's your favorite Valway makeup? or if there was GMTO, which makeup would it be? I myself am leaning towards brown upper with a lighter shade of grain for the shaft.
Now were talking!

Is scotchgrain is the best shaft choice? Is it supple enough, or is the usual "grained shafts" we see on 2 tone boots like Galways normally Delapre, Peccary, Lama etc... All of which are very soft. Just wondering...

But I would be interested in any of these combos..

Dark Brown Scotch/Mid Brown Suede
Antic Cognac Calf/Dark Brown Scotch
Oxblood Scotch Grain/Brown Suede
Burgundy Scotch Grain/Brown Suede

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I'd say that by far THE most popular Galway makeup uses grained calf for the shaft (DOAK / Walnut cc).

Though whether Vass grain is as supple as that from EG remains an open question.

Now I need to go look over some Valway makeups.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads